Katy Perry - Swish Swish

Roar is surely her signature hit now. I think it's surpassed Teneage Dream and possibly Firework too.
I think Firework still is, if only because it gets annual recurrent play at New Years

I think she's going to struggle to make a new peak though, considering she's down to #91 on Spotify, and presumably on the accelerated streaming ratio, so effectively lower than that. Where's @Robbie to confirm how a song moves back from the accelerated ratio to the standard one?

And anyway, with the vagaries of the new chart, who knows where it will end up?

I think the record company can apply for it to be put back on the normal ratio when promotion starts/a video is released? Not entirely certain.

I think the record company can apply for it to be put back on the normal ratio when promotion starts/a video is released? Not entirely certain.

That plays nicely into them being able to release buzz singles, I suppose. Gives the label enough time to see if the public bites before deciding how much money it's worth throwing at it.

Last edited:
#26 in midweeks.

Spotify not helping but up to #11 on iTunes, so it'll easily get a new peak this week. It's already on 153k sales/streams, so overall it's going to have an okay total which is nice.

#26 in midweeks.

Spotify not helping but up to #11 on iTunes, so it'll easily get a new peak this week. It's already on 153k sales/streams, so overall it's going to have an okay total which is nice.
That's a lot better than I imagined. I really thought she'd hover just outside the forty when combined. I guess you never know how it's going to play out though. Plus of course Spotify isn't the only streaming service.

I think she's going to struggle to make a new peak though, considering she's down to #91 on Spotify, and presumably on the accelerated streaming ratio, so effectively lower than that. Where's @Robbie to confirm how a song moves back from the accelerated ratio to the standard one?

And anyway, with the vagaries of the new chart, who knows where it will end up?
The chart rules state that a track can have a "manual reset" back to SCR but it's supposed to be outside the top 100 and a week's notice has to be given. That doesn't seemed to have happened with 'Swish Swish'. However given that the OCC seem to make up the rules as they go along, who knows whether this happened or whether sales just increased without "manual" intervention...

I've been weirdly avoiding this song, so I finally watched the video.

The song is a bit nothingy isn't it? Katy seemed to agree by barely using it in the video.

Nicki was the only one who remembered they were making a music video, and stole the show, even barely doing anything. New teeth too, better than her new arse

#29 - not too shabby at all.

Chart run (without weeks off top 75)

40-58-47-50-58-49-49-52-59-58-29

If it could climb Spotify further it could even beat that next week. Considering it was DNR, the video did the trick in the UK at least.

If she got another top 10 hit with this :o

Bon Appétit ROBBED though!

I had a dream last night that it was the end of the year and this song was higher in our year end charts than Taylor's no1... which everyone was declaring a moral victory! I suppose it is possible if Taylor plummets and this hangs around?

I had a dream last night that it was the end of the year and this song was higher in our year end charts than Taylor's no1... which everyone was declaring a moral victory! I suppose it is possible if Taylor plummets and this hangs around?

It's possible, but I don't see Taylor plummeting very quickly. Although Dua Lipa has just reclaimed Spotify #1.

I'll be interested to see how well Katy holds up on iTunes once she loses the discount, as well.

This is now my favourite Katy Perry track. What an absolute earworm.

Still hate HER though.

#20 in midweeks. Climbing on Spotify as well. With a bit of luck it keeps going up and can stay top 20 overall.

Added to the Hot Hits UK playlist.

And booms 15 spots today to #58 on Spotify.

Dropping on iTunes, but I'm sure she'll be above the two Megan McKenna tracks and the lesser Taylor track pretty soon. She has lost her iTunes discount though, so we'll see how that plays out.

Still #9 on iTunes.

Up to #52 on Spotify and #17 on airplay.

Fair to say it's at least a moderate hit now, which is a great turnaround.

i guess i'm a minority but i really don't like this. all it has going for it is the sample and the beat. everything else they added is crap.

i'm also really sick of constructed reality tv music. i don't care about your beef with other filthy rich pop stars, i don't care for your publicising of your spouse's infidelity, i don't care for your reality tv feuds. enough already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom