Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone

I CAN BREATHE FOR THE FIRST TIME

• Total voters

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
How the hell does this mid-00s CLASSIC not have a thread? :shock:

It just POPPED ON on some sort of random YouTube mix algorithm thing I’m listening too and WHAT A THROWBACK

I think it was my most played song of 2006 or whenever it was from.

I rarely listen to it these days, but what a song. Breakaway is a fantastic album as well. Beautiful Disaster is probably my favourite track, followed by Because of You.

Really it cannot be anything else. Textbook pop song and delivered brilliantly.

If only the ALGORITHM had popped this up before my dreaded 00s Night

Loved it at the time, got tired of it for years, love it again now

Generally, I prefer her softer moments. Because of You was my favorite from this album

When I went to London, I was so excited to go to Heaven, hoping to see Sophie E-B or something. But it was Kelly :D

I always quite enjoyed this mashup with You Ain't Me by Frank Black, even though it's not MUCH of a change really:

Rather surprised this is getting 9s and 10s across the board. In general, I think Kelly and others (mostly Pink) overdid this sound throughout the 00s that I don't feel the need to listen to this very often anymore. But in retrospect, this is obviously on another level of its re-treads ("My Life Would Suck Without You" etc) and I still really enjoy it but it is not quite a 10 for me.

It's ok. Got old real quick. And it's generally beaten to death at karaoke on every hen's night.

Rather surprised this is getting 9s and 10s across the board. In general, I think Kelly and others (mostly Pink) overdid this sound throughout the 00s that I don't feel the need to listen to this very often anymore. But in retrospect, this is obviously on another level of its re-treads ("My Life Would Suck Without You" etc) and I still really enjoy it but it is not quite a 10 for me.

Oh I agree the sound got so overdone that it became just as generic as that typical Britney/N-Sync/BSB Max Martin sound did at the turn of the century.

But this is hands down the absolute best (and one of the first), so I think this gets a pass.

Odd thing about this song, it always pops up in critics lists of best songs of the 00s, alongside the likes of Arcade Fire, Strokes, White Stripes, Sufjan Stevens and Wilco.

Who knew Kelly was an indie darling?

Only ever this song though. Not quite sure what makes this cross over into that territory but I find it interesting.

I love it a lot but also never listen to it and don’t think I ever did in my peak KC fandom days.

Love the video hat tilt ending.

I also had no idea it had its origins in Max Martin ripping off Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but it's hiding in full view really.

The first of many iconic moments by the queen of mock rawk pop K-Cla before her reinvention into sultry sex diva with Love So Soft.

Last edited:
All I Ever Wanted Era K-Cla was such a trip. Between Dr Luke and Ryan Tedder, queen kept us fed with the hits AND the controversy.
funny that for all its (very legendary) "sung the bops through gritted teeth while being held at gunpoint" energy, All I Ever Wanted is actually a (mostly) great record that showcased some evolution from Breakaway in the top-40-pop-Kelly stakes.

Cry, Don't Let Me Stop You, Already Gone — 10s, 10s, 10s.

My Life Would Suck Without You is my favourite Kelly song by a long way. I like the Breakway singles a lot, but I just love that generic bop. Same with Already Gone.

funny that for all its (very legendary) "sung the bops through gritted teeth while being held at gunpoint" energy, All I Ever Wanted is actually a (mostly) great record that showcased some evolution from Breakaway in the top-40-pop-Kelly stakes.

Add Long Shot, Impossible, If no one would listen and you've got yourself an ALBAM.

Oh it's my favourite K-Cla album. I know @jivafox stans My December but that one has never really clicked with me even though in theory it should.

Oh it's my favourite K-Cla album. I know @jivafox stans My December but that one has never really clicked with me even though in theory it should.
I've tried My December twice and really wanted to like it but I just don't like all the guitars and the general RACKET.

Crowd pleasing basic bops co-written by problematic producers ONLY for me I'm afraid Kel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom