Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone

I CAN BREATHE FOR THE FIRST TIME

• Total voters
Oh it's my favourite K-Cla album. I know @jivafox stans My December but that one has never really clicked with me even though in theory it should.

I recently gave that a relisten for the first time in 20 years and it’s as gash as the rest of 99% her output.

“My Life Would Suck Without You” is her only decent bop. Sorry drags!

My December clearly not that relistenable. Calling @Iguana for diagnostic confirmation. Thank you.
I think I've only listened to it once.

200.gif

bunch of evil haters. My December is MAJESTIC for this alone.

gorgeous

AND THAT ARTWORK. YASSSS.

bunch of evil haters. My December is MAJESTIC for this alone.

gorgeous

AND THAT ARTWORK. YASSSS.

I ditched My December back in oh seven when I was expecting more angsty Dr. Luke produced hook-laden anthems but now, as an older more insightful and discerning gayer I kindly appreciate it; it was what she needed back then, and unfortunately, it suffered since it was blacklisted by that sour old queen Clive BUT it's a good album.

It does have single-worthy material (Hello One Minute and Don't Waste Your time) even though it's clear she was in a very dark place when she wrote/recorded it, plus it would have helped if she didn't insist on sounding like a second rate Evanescence on most tracks.

unfortunately the mixing/mastering across the album, especially on the bangers (One Minute and Judas both FUCK), was bad. some sound recorded from the bathroom, down a coconut. I'm not sure they had any real singles there.

but many of the songs remain artistic highs for Legend K.

QoL K-Cla Top 11

1. Since U Been Gone
2. My Life Would Suck Without You
3. Behind These Hazel Eyes
4. Miss Independent
5. Because Of You
6. I Don't Hook Up
7. Don't Let Me Stop You
8. Love So Soft
9. Already Gone
10. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
11. Heartbeat Song

Truly whenever I throw it on at one of my house parties the punters go crazy for it. :disco:

It's an undeniable BOP that's surely not overplayed?

Imagine if the Christina demo leaks one day, just IMAGINE her at her vocal prime; her caterwauling all over the choruses along with some indecipherable ad-libs would be too much for me to handle. :disco:

It's an undeniable BOP that's surely not overplayed?

Imagine if the Christina demo leaks one day, just IMAGINE her at her vocal prime; her caterwauling all over the choruses along with some indecipherable ad-libs would be too much for me to handle. :disco:
WHAT is this FEELIN' takin' OVAHHH!
SAY!
Ha
WHAT!!

I like it but I would also quite like to hear his point of view

unfortunately the mixing/mastering across the album, especially on the bangers (One Minute and Judas both FUCK), was bad. some sound recorded from the bathroom, down a coconut. I'm not sure they had any real singles there.

but many of the songs remain artistic highs for Legend K.
These were my thoughts exactly, which is probably why the ballads have held up better IMO. "Sober" and "Irvine" are some of my favorites of hers. The climax of "Sober", in particular, strikes such a nerve.

Three months and it's still haunting me
Three months I've been living here without you now
Three months, three months, oh...

THREE MONTHS AND I'M STILL BREATHING
THREE MONTHS AND I STILL REMEMBER IT
Three months and *sigh* :(

unironic Love So Soft stanning? :D we hate to see it!
The album is truly her weakest and saved only by "Heat", "Move You", and to a lesser extent, "Slow Dance". It's bizarre to me that she made such a point to market it as the first album she was actually invested in, but then abandoned it and hasn't recorded anything since in the last almost five years. I admired it as a statement of intent for the soul singer songwriter schtick she was aiming for, I guess, but I found it a bit too on the nose. Ironically, it felt more manufactured than her imperial era albums.

The album is truly her weakest and saved only by "Heat", "Move You", and to a lesser extent, "Slow Dance". It's bizarre to me that she made such a point to market it as the first album she was actually invested in, but then abandoned it and hasn't recorded anything since in the last almost five years. I admired it as a statement of intent for the soul singer songwriter schtick she was aiming for, I guess, but I found it a bit too on the nose. Ironically, it felt more manufactured than her imperial era albums.
I remember liking Heat enough but Slow Dance is the only thing I ever go back to from that album (since @Jark's Kelly playlist)

IMPROMPTU K.CLA TOP 8 REMIX CHART

01 Catch My Breath (Supasound Club Mix)
02 Already Gone (Bimbo Jones Club Mix)
03 Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) (7th Heaven Club Mix)
04 My Life Would Suck Without You (Chriss Ortega Remix)
05 Behind These Hazel Eyes (Bermudez & Harris Lasik Surgery Remix)
06 Walk Away (Ralphi Rosario Club Mix)
07 Never Again (Dave Aude Remix)
08 Fries & Shine Greatest Hits Megamix (Club Mix)

I don't think I've EVER heard Kelly being played at a gay club since My Life Would Suck Without You and that was in 2010!

The Jason Nevins of Since you've been gone is a bop and a half albeit a bit generic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom