Kings & Queens of England SURVIVOR (Part 4)

Vote for your LEAST FAVOURITES PLS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
After @ZenGiraffe's machiavellian scheme to get rid of King Charles III paid off, we're down to our TOP TEN. Let's take a look at those who narrowly missed out.
14. Charles III

Charles III.png

Is Charles III the first Monarch to wish he was a tampon? Probably NOT, but it's hard to write up a reign that's barely even started. He's already survived various leaky fountain pens, and he's polling better with the public than he was as Prince of Wales, so it's going alright.

13. Henry VIII

Henry VIII.png

Established the Church of England, dissolved the monasteries, and famously got married six times. There's no denying Henry VIII had IMPACT that some of these ladies and lords can barely dream of, but beheading your long suffering wives all over the shop just doesn't fly in a post-ME TOO world.

12. Henry VII

Henry VII.png

Won the crown at the Battle of the Bosworth. His claim was SPURIOUS - his nan had been married to Henry V before shacking up with Henry VII's grandad Owen Tudor - but it didn't matter all that much. A strategic marriage to Liz of York put a stop to the Wars of the Roses, and he provided a strong and stable pair of hands after an era of chaos and civil war.

11. Richard the Lionheart

Richard I.png

Sssh... he's sleeping

The third son of Henry II, swashbuckling Richard never expected to be King, and would much rather spend his time crusading - so he did. He spent about six months in England during his reign, but that hasn't stopped him joining the pantheon of GREAT ENGLISHMEN alongside Saint George, Captain Tom, and the dog from the Churchill insurance adverts.​
And with that, ONCE MORE INTO THE BREACH! Vote for your least favourites again, the ones you like least, the ones whose heads you want to see on the block etc etc

Have we lost ANY queens yet, except Richard the Lionheart?

What are people liking about Mary I exactly? Short reign, lost Calais, religious murders, buried under her sister.

Her accession was a bit of a boss move. She was invited to London when her brother died, realised it was a trap, successfully avoided attempts to capture her, and headed straight for East Anglia where there was a bountiful supply of DISGRUNTLED CATHOLICS to rally to her cause. And then she managed to become the first officially crowned Queen of England.

I feel like she's unfairly overlooked, and (okay fairly in this case) maligned because the people writing the history books were Protestants not Catholics. The Dannii to Bess' Kylie.

Also was treated terribly by her dad, then her brother, then her husband. Poor girl couldn't catch a break. Definitely one of life's underdogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom