Kylie Minogue - Confide in Me

How good?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen the video before :o

Undeniably great and not really given credit at the time for the seismic shift it heralded.

I gave the single to my brother for his 12th birthday. I think it was the first time I bought him something from my own money.

Well of course she’s generally the perfect pop star but she does this kind of vaguely chilled electro pop dance so well (see also Slow, Breathe).

It's not her best video, but it's damned close. And, as I intimated before, the IMPACT at the time was INCREDIBLE...

it's just a great song that hasn't been overplayed, it was (and still is) surprising but universal, simple but intense. and the video is quintessentially 90s. there is literally nothing to not like unless you get really bugged by across the board approval.

One of the best songs of all-time, and somehow perfectly speaks to the experience of being a lonely, desperate bottom loading up multiple apps on a Saturday morning, a quarter century before this became reality.

If ever there was a song that could make Madonna jealous, it would be this.

Probably her finest hour.

These days Madonna would probably be more jealous of One Boy Girl.

Just as ridiculously fine as when it was first released.

And that Big Brothers mix is quite incredible.

I really love KM94 and Autumn is the perfect time to listen to it.

The song is a 10, no doubt about it! I was gutted with the video at the time though, and still don’t think it’s all that great.

As a Madge stan at the time, I remember wishing that she’d recorded it. “Secret”, while lovely, rather paled in comparison.

It's funny because at the time a lot of the press was shading K-Mo about how it was a 'Justify My Love'/'Erotica'/'It's a Fine Day' rip-off when it really isn't.

The spoken word verses I suppose are Madonna-esque but the quasi-operatic chorus vocals where she soars are where the song transcends into something wholly synergistic above and beyond its influences.

I don't think it will ever NOT be my favourite song of hers. That intro, the vox, the instrumental breakdown. All of it is sublime.

I was a bit older than you at the time Suedey and as far as I recall there weren't many mentions of the Madonna influence. I mean with the Let's Get To It tour she couldn't get away from them but with this literally everyone was just surprised at how different it was for her.

And I love that she gave it entirely new life on the Golden tour. It's probably one of my favourite versions of the song.

I'm pretty sure it is also the only Kylie song to feature a sitar in it.

Oh and the It's A Fine Day comparisons were not made until YEARS later when the writers of that song were awarded a credit.

Definitely her best song. Sorry for giving it a 9

Well, for me Rhythm of Love occupies her podium of top singles, but the first 2 1994 album singles are a whole other situation. I do favour PYIMP, but Confide In Me is it's own separate category.

Obviously one of the very very best songs of all time

I bought this when they first went on sale a few years ago and I've still only worn it out once because I'm terrified of ruining it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom