Little Boots - New In Town

New in TOWN?

• Total voters
Good lord how have I never seen that video before.

Never been a big fan of early Little Boots tbh. Didn't totally get her until the Burn EP in 2018.

Never seen the video before either. I remember this coming out and the rest of the Hands album and me thinking she was going to be HUGE and a real contender for the similar GAGA who'd just come out at the same time :eyes:

A lot of Hands still properly fucks. This one, Mathematics, Click, Stuck on Repeat, absolute bangers. I didn't get into Nocturnes much but Working Girl is pretty great and I keep at least one eye on what she's doing these days even if my obsession levels are a fraction of what they once where.

(*Anecdote* a friend of a friend's cousin (or something) played drums on one of her tours. Said she's an absolute BITCH :disco:)

This as the lead single (and the video) always felt like it sort of BURIED her immediately and destroyed quite a bit of the buzz she had from the BBC Sound poll etc.

I discovered this album and Lights by Ellie Goulding at the same time, so I kind of think of them as a pair.

I like New In Town but it wouldn't make my top 5

1. Remedy
2. Earthquake
3. Mathematics
4. Meddle
5. actually New In Town does make my top 5
6. Symmetry

Like (don't love) the song, some of her other stuff was fantastic but as that video rather amply demonstrates, the poor girl really was just not a star at all.

Has she written much of note for others? She definitely had the air of talented backstage type who didn't suit being (briefly) thrust into the spotlight.

Even the CAPE TOWN queens are flocking for hot Little Boots chat :disco:

Shall we loon over MATHMATICS?

Girl loved a CONCEPT LYRIC!

She played an extended version live about FITEEN YEARS AGO that was about 400% better :disco: but as far as I'm aware NEVER RELEASED! :kim:

So much of that album was fantastic, but leading with this over Remedy - and releasing this video - was an absolute disaster.

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom