Loki (Disney+)

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Are we Marvelled out? Well TOUGH SHIT there's 4 films still coming this year :D

The first episode of this was pretty enjoyable. All this time variant stuff seems to have appeared from a completely different (and even more cartoonish) universe though

I also don't find Tom Hiddleston nor the character of Loki appealing in the slightest

I really hate the use of FOOTAGE FROM THE FILMS within the universe too

Actually what did I like about it? The aesthetic for sure, and it was quite fun in a way that the joyless Falcon & Winter Soldier wasn't

Prefer WandaVision so far though

A promising first episode, I'm very much here for weird timeline shit and hopefully more of Miss Minutes (:disco:)

So much exposition. I don’t have high hopes for this, it will probably end up peaking in episode 3 and then be continued in a movie.

and people found Falcon and The Winter Soldier boring? I haven't been able to get through an episode of this one without pausing to browse my Instagram feed or check upon Grindr taps, maybe cause I've never been a big fan of Loki nor Hiddleston.

I like it but isn't it just mimicking that show on Netflix with the umbrella siblings?

I'm not very familiar with the multiverse,

who was this Lokilla?
Loki has used his powers to present in a female form before (as well as a child and other guises), to the point that the comic character is actually canonically gender-fluid nowadays I believe :o So I'm assuming this Loki is just a variant that's deciding to be female for whatever reason :disco:

LOVED the third episode, it felt like they set up some interesting stuff for later in the series while also telling a decent story (and Sylvie being a queen goes without saying obvs)

We watched the first two last night and I really enjoyed it, the future retro styling is a delight and I'm always a fan of multiversal timeline fuckery. Ron Jr was buzzing about it, especially as we've been reading Niel Gaymans Norse Myths as bed time stories too.

Reactions: COB
The high drama of this week's episode :o I thought it might have actually been the finale at some points! I am thoroughly GRIPPED.

Well last week's and today's finale were great, I was gripped even if most of it was just three people sat around a desk :o Quite the cliffhanger to end on though, and I was expecting the Disney+ shows to remain mostly inessential to the overall MCU storyline so they really did blindside me with who was behind it all (I was expecting Miss Minutes to secretly be self-aware and an evil mastermind :eyes:)

I like Jonathan Majors a lot but that was some over the top acting to the point of where it was rather off putting.

It’s a lot of gibberish and it was generally rather ugly to look at.

I’m so over Marvel.

Hmm just finished this, not sure if I really liked it or the acting and especially not the fact that after dragging its heels it didn’t even FINISH!

I gave up on this after 4 episodes. They had enough material for an exciting series of 30 minute episodes. Unsure why so many series now insist on being an hour in length. Not being constrained by TV scheduling and advertising breaks etc. these days means quality control sometimes goes out the window.

GUYS GUYS the last episode is very good with a wonderful performance by a key new figure in the MCU and is defo worth a watch VIS A VIS things that are upcoming x

I gave up on this after 4 episodes. They had enough material for an exciting series of 30 minute episodes. Unsure why so many series now insist on being an hour in length. Not being constrained by TV scheduling and advertising breaks etc. these days means quality control sometimes goes out the window.

Well tbh it’s more like 45 minutes plus 15 minutes of credits

Jonathan Majors as Kang though!! His performance was great :evil:

kang-lokis.jpg

• Love
Reactions: COB
OK WELL I think overall it sort of suffered what Marvel TV seems to suffer from sometimes - take something generally received as a good point of one of the movies (Loki from Avengers Assemble, the political thriller side of Captain America for Falcon & Winter Soldier) and attempt to spin it out into a series when it would've been good enough as a film I guess?

Loki was alright the first time, but by the end of Endgame I'd had more than my fill - mostly because Tom Hiddleston sort of creeps me out the older he gets and doesn't really come over as charming at all to me. AND it seems to be another one of those "The white guy villain might not be that bad, right guys?"-type things. Oh but make him maybe a bit bi with one line of dialogue?

SOMETHING about the story sort of kept me going through, the visual spectacle is definitely a strong point throughout all these TV series. But the story was way too strung out, and I don't think the acting was really up to much. Everyone's unconvincingly lying and smirking and being wry at each other. Shockingly Owen Wilson was one of the better ones, as well as Hunter B15(?). Loki was a squirmy charmless creep, Sylvie was better but the smell-the-fart acting and constant defensive doubt was one-dimensional and felt like she should've been on Corrie. Renslayer was out of her depth too, she was like a Glee character. Oh I was waiting for someone to kill the final boss guy, so fucking annoying.

The episodes are so long, I've sunk too much time into it now to stop, especially with that totally infuriating cliffhanger that didn't tease, it just ended. If the equally unfulfilling but more boring Falcon series does the same I'm going to scream til I'm sick.

My coworker recommended Moon Knight, he said "It's like Venom but Egyptian" - that was him recommending it!!

Moon Knight is great so far! Though there have only been two episodes shown (of six) so it COULD all go to shit :eyes:

It’s not just because he’s fuckable is it? Because that’s why I watched five seasons of Supernatural and I regret it

I hate that the Loki series really dragged and it was boring all along BUT it seems it was intentional since it sets up a lot of upcoming events like No Way Home and the upcoming Dr. Strange sequel so they sort of make you watch it. So for sake of completion I suggest you look up those 20 minute summary videos on youtube made by hard die fans who are really good at connecting the entire MCU and let you in into some easter eggs and details you wouldn't see for yourself.

I don't think it affected the Hawkeye events nor will affect Thor 4, and definitely doesn't have anything to do with Moon Knight.

I hate that the Loki series really dragged and it was boring all along BUT it seems it was intentional since it sets up a lot of upcoming events like No Way Home and the upcoming Dr. Strange sequel so they sort of make you watch it. So for sake of completion I suggest you look up those 20 minute summary videos on youtube made by hard die fans who are really good at connecting the entire MCU and let you in into some easter eggs and details you wouldn't see for yourself.

I don't think it affected the Hawkeye events nor will affect Thor 4, and definitely doesn't have anything to do with Moon Knight.

I struggled to see how it affected ANYTHING tbh!

But didn’t they have that anyway? It was in Endgame!

I think this made it more noticeable since they showed a female-gendered Loki and Loki in animal form! Endgame was just time travel innit? Like when the two Captain America were fighting.

I think this made it more noticeable since they showed a female-gendered Loki and Loki in animal form! Endgame was just time travel innit? Like when the two Captain America were fighting.

I forgot the ass of America :horny:
Maybe I’ve been listening to that X-Men recap podcast too long

But didn’t they have that anyway? It was in
It was a bit different, the alternate paths in Endgame (and any others up to that point) were getting cleansed by the TVA. Now they're gone it means that full-on alternative universes can exist (and also always existed because timey-wimey), hence the stuff like the different Spider-Men, upcoming Doctor Strange shenanigans and so on :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom