They told me get 'em I got 'em

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Let's talk about this

Announced/teased with the below tweet

I remember Mariah saying she had been inspired to write it after the loss of her dear friend Whitney Houston earlier that year. I was really excited about it, expecting something uplifting, classy, timeless...

Some would say that's exactly what we got :D:eyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: RJN
a CALAMITY of a live performance

Of course it's the remixes that saved the entire project

Anyway I think the main version is QUITE SHIT to be honest. Why isn't she singing the verses? The chorus isn't great. The video is cheap. What's the point?

One of her worst ever singles, but I doubt I'll vote "I don't know her" to anything from the back cat

On its own, I still like it. I love the rap and the "you can see the mountaintop is not too far *whistle*" climax is amazing.

But it REALLY shines as the wooden spoon of her career. Mariah has the best flops.

Reactions: dUb
Original is a 5/10 that I’ll never listen to again.

but the Vintage Throwback Mix :disco::disco::disco: One of my Mariah faves these days

Probably my favourite release from that wilderness era :D And the remixes are pure :disco:

Worst single cover airbrushing though.

SHAKEN by the voting so far! @COB a Triumphant (Get 'Em) stan? What on earth

• Love
Reactions: COB
My vote is MAINLY for the Vintage Throwback mix, though the original is a nice bit of fun too! I was once briefly seeing a guy and put the remix on his car stereo when he took me out for a drive - he acted like it was the worst thing ever, which was the first clue that the day would not be a triumphant one :( (later the same day he would try and get me to wank him off while he was driving, then got us lost. It ended shortly after that)

As a Don’t Stop (Funkin’ 4 Jamaica) fan, it should come as no surprise that I’m an (angels) advocate for the original version of this self help anthem. I think the raps are just very good, the first in particular, they do actually add to the song rather than detract as with most of Mimi’s rent-a-rapper features.

Of course I like the remixes too, they’re perhaps what as a package elevates this release to #Justice4Glitter levels of lamb favourite, who knows next year is its ten year anniversary, maybe it’s finally time to (get ‘em).

I like the urgency, and that it falls flat in places just adds to the message of dusting your self off and slaying again. The remixes are utter nonsense and complete K.O's because of it.

I remember this song came out in the second year of my dysfunctional relationship with my drug-addict French bf, for whom I had just moved to Paris and started a job where I was completely out-of-my-depth and confronted with a particularly toxic colleague. This was, as I'm sure you can understand, the perfect storm for an anthem like Triumphant (Get 'Em) to come and save my life in oh-twelve.

I also love the triumphant energy of not bothering to record verses for your own comeback single. The middle-eight and climax was sufficient to feed us.

I literally cannot make it through the final minute without accidentally entering into a Lipsynch for my Life, where I'm competing against, literally, all of humanity.

Or Not Whatever GIF by Mariah Carey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom