Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
You may be aware that I’m a sci-fi fan, and a comedy fan, and a Tim Burton fan, so naturally this is AMAZING

if you haven’t had the pleasure, it’s an homage to 1950s sci-fi movies, with Burton’s trademark kitschy dark humour and a fairly brutal treatment of a star-studded cast.

the aliens are an iconic creation, little mad-eyed little psychos, and that spy woman too :D

So, SO good

It was constantly on TV during my childhood (it felt like this, A League Of Their Own, Parenthood and Forrest Gump were on a never-ending loop) and I enjoyed it every time, then rewatched several times as an adult and it was even better. It works as both a parody of, and an example of, OTT 90s blockbuster/ensemble silliness

I love that the cast is so gigantic and full of famous names, yet no one is safe and any character can die at any moment

I absolutely adore the Lisa Marie scene, I’m going to be waiting my whole life for a Drag Race queen to do an homage look on the runway and recreate her unique style of walking

Also this (along with the Bubble Boy episode of Seinfeld) made me stan the legend that is O-LAN JONES

I feel like it was on constantly when I was little because my brother loved it, but I don't remember a thing about it.
I absolutely adore the Lisa Marie scene, I’m going to be waiting my whole life for a Drag Race queen to do an homage look on the runway and recreate her unique style of walking
I'm sure something came up on Fashion Photo Ruview before.

Oh, it was Sharon Needles.

tumblr_o0881yAkMD1sqnzbwo2_1280.jpg

I've always wondered whether or not it was just a brilliant coincidence that the storyline was so similar to Independence Day, which came out at the same time. Not the alien invasion stuff as such, but the smaller details like the President of the US being such a primary character.

It’s one I’ve somehow never got around to seeing. Every time it’s on TV I’ve turned it on near the end.

I've always wondered whether or not it was just a brilliant coincidence that the storyline was so similar to Independence Day, which came out at the same time. Not the alien invasion stuff as such, but the smaller details like the President of the US being such a primary character.

I was thinking about this when writing my post! I looked up when they both were filmed and released - Independence Day came out July ‘96 while Mars Attacks came out in December, but was apparently filming/in production right up until November, so I guess it’s possible they made last-minute changes to play up the similarities? They can’t have done too much to the story though, I imagine any significant changes on a film with such a huge cast/so many visual effects would be a massive undertaking

I was looking this up only a few weeks ago to be on TV as I've unbelievably still never seen it. I love Sigourney and this is sort of her MDNA era, but with hits, so I know I'm in for a treat.

I was looking this up only a few weeks ago to be on TV as I've unbelievably still never seen it. I love Sigourney and this is sort of her MDNA era, but with hits, so I know I'm in for a treat.

if you’d seen it, you’d have realised Sigourney isn’t in it :D

I had a good cackle when the lady spy infiltrated the White House. Firstly the gliding walk is iconic and amazing, but when she catches up by doing that menacing speed skating walk :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom