X-Men '97 (released in 2024)

Pipo

COQUETTE :ribbon:
so, has anyone started this yet??

I'm sorry but I'm living, Marvel and Co. all is forgiven!

As somebody who is absolutely not a fan of MCU, X-MEN '97 is an utter joy.

Last edited:
As a lifelong Maddie fan, I love that she was brought in and the twist was good getting her character established. It makes her easier to include without all the “isn’t that just Jean” hassle and keeps Scott in the clear because in the comics he was definitely in the wrong when it came to her.

IMG_7244.jpeg

What Scott deserves

This week’s episode was 50/50 for me. The first half I could take or leave but the second half was excellent.

Yes and it's another NERD CARTOON, so let's quarantine it for those of us who are live action only, thanks 🙏

I did not plan on falling into this. This was supposed to be utter rot.

But I am GEEKING OUT. This has been excellently done. It's struck the perfect balance between staying faithful to it's roots (THAT INTRO) whilst still feeling like an evolution.

Magneto, Morph and Bishop becoming full-time team members - YES
Not immediately retconning Professor X back - YES
Somehow coaxing Lenore Zann back - YES
Jean Grey still spending most of her screentime fainting or bed-ridden - YES
Seemingly closing the book on the interminable Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine triangle - YES
Replacing it with a Magneto/Rogue/Gambit triangle - maybe

I daresay it helps that enough time has passed since the Hugh Jackman years; had this been a decade ago I doubt they'd have resisted the temptation to just make it the Wolverine Show.

Magneto, Morph and Bishop becoming full-time team members - YES
Not immediately retconning Professor X back - YES
Somehow coaxing Lenore Zann back - YES
Jean Grey still spending most of her screentime fainting or bed-ridden - YES
Seemingly closing the book on the interminable Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine triangle - YES
Replacing it with a Magneto/Rogue/Gambit triangle - maybe

And that's the tea

I’m glad they coaxed Lenora back but has Rogue had more than one line per episode yet? Considering Bishop’s a newly minted full time member, he’s also not had much to do.

I’m glad they coaxed Lenora back but has Rogue had more than one line per episode yet? Considering Bishop’s a newly minted full time member, he’s also not had much to do.
Well he got sent to the future with the baby so he may be out for a bit

I want cameos by Kitty and/or Dazzler :evil:

I can't at the latest episode, all the references to the iconic X-Men arcade were a serve (The dinosaur people, the mutant power feature :disco: ) if only we'd got just one of the infamous lines by Magneto (Master of Magnet) like "X-Men, welcome to DIE!".

IMG_7301.jpeg
I would love a good Disco Dazzler reference then bring her forward to her Silvestri era look

I’m glad they coaxed Lenora back but has Rogue had more than one line per episode yet?

I did wonder if Lenore is still involved in politics, and might have been promised a light workload to return?

I completely expect cameos from nearly every mutant to have been created at some point, but I also expect most of them will just be Morph using their shape to deliver a sassy line (which I'm totally on board with).

And omg one more thought nobody else needs to hear but

Re-watching that first episode fight

I'm going to need Storm to be a summon in Final Fantasy 17 pls and thank you

Well SHIT ME

Just as we were complaining Rogue didn't have enough lines

Okay, so we have the continuation of an affair between a man canonically in his 70s and a woman in her early 20s, to the soundtrack of Ace of Base.

You have my attention.

It really does feel like everybody and everything is up for grabs.

[Awaits nice tidy time travelling shenanigans in episode 8 to reverse everything]

"Sugar.... I can't feel you" :( :( :( :ghost:

Barely two-thirds in and I've already shat myself twice. Disney snapped with this one. All the right ingredients are there, all in the perfect amounts.

The scene between Gambit and Rogue at the fireplace was stunning.

I'm hoping they go all in on the 90s and we get more Ace Of Base moments.

Next massacre to be soundtracked by Enigma please

Watched it again and that piece with The Watcher was so good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom