Marvel's "What If...?"

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
Trailer popped up a few days ago. I'm quite into this idea, I'll try to watch it. I guess if you're deep in the comic mythology it'll probably have a bit more impact, but hopefully I can enjoy it too

This looks fun, especially Captain Carter :disco: I also like that we seem to be getting a Marvel Zombies episode, that was a fun book. It it a shame that so many of the movie actors returned for this but Tony Stark is quite clearly played by someone else, but oh well. This is also one of the last times we'll get Chadwick Boseman playing T'Challa, too (he also recorded stuff for a theme park ride that's still years away apparently) :(

So... did anyone watch it? I'm up to episode 6, and it's an easier watch then the other Marvel shows (mainly due to length)

In some ways it could do with being a bit longer, but I don't suppose another 15 minutes would help tell a complete timeline, it's a bit rushed. And actors (even the originals, where available) aren't always good voice actors, and the animation is a bit janky. But by an large it's a decent bit of fluff.

The choices of scenarios are bit like Marvel mad-libs. I'd prefer to have seen more of how things would've played out in the Infinity Saga with some changes, but that's just me. Some of the scenarios were quite random, like "What if the Ravagers picked up T'Challa was picked up as Star Lord for some reason" or "What if Killmonger saved Tony Stark for some reason" - don't come for me mentioning the Black Panther ones, I think a Black Pather-centric one would've been great, it just felt a bit like they couldn't think of an idea so just jammed the characters in somewhere else.

The whodunnit one with the Avenger murderer was more like what I mean, and the Captain Carter one too (although what a dull interpretation of her)

OK I ended up blitzing through the rest. Not bad, but yeah a bit rushed. I hadn't expected there to be a (sort of) season arc, which was interesting.

I know Season 2 is on the way at the end of year - I've heard it's a Zombie season :wired: I mean I get that Marvel Zombies is a popular spin-off, but do we really need another zombie survival series?? It's 2022!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom