Melfest 00-09 Runners-up SURVIVOR: ROUND 7

Vote for your LEAST FAVE

• Shirley Clamp - Min kärlek (2004)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
They had an excellent run, but Friends finally make way for a fairly predictable top four.

Sort of a proto-Hear'say, the group were formed on reality TV show Friends på turne (Friends on Tour) and almost immediately set their sights on Eurovision glory. They didn't quite get there with this lovely winsome little schlager, but of course they came back in much more competitive mode the following year with Lyssna till ditt hjärta, which ultimately brought them a respectable top 5 placing at Eurovision that year over the water in Copenhagen.

Another crack followed in 2002 with the very Cheiron-ish The One That You Need, which finished 8th. After that, front-lesbians Nina & Kim broke out as a duo, scoring a few local hits before ruining their career with the fabulous but disastrous pink-pound grabbing flop En gång för alla.

5th: Friends - När jag tänker på imorgon (2000)
6th: Barbados - Se mig (2000)
7th: Caroline af ugglas - Snälla, Snälla (2009)
8th: Sanna Nielsen - Empty Room (2008)
9th Barbados - Allt som jag ser (2001)
=10th Mendez - Adrenaline (2002)
=10th Andreas Johnson - A Little Bit of Love (2007)

ONWARDS!

Pernilla Wahlgren & Jan Johansen - Let Your Spirit Fly (2003)

Shirley Clamp - Min kärlek (2004)

Nanne Grönvall - Håll om mig (2005)

BWO - Temple of Love (2006)

In the words of Terry Wogan - ‘…this…is really a thriller!’

Let Pernilla FLY (outta here).

Last edited:
I thought the top three was so obvious from the start but clearly I was wrong.

(the top two was even more obvious of course).

:D at @Madison voting for poor Nanny and her tonged fringe

I assume that the BWO hate club - don't think I haven't noticed that ALL of you have almost certainly been chez @VoR for half a French Fancy each at some point or another - is something to do with unseemly opinions expressed by A. Bard in recent-ish times but just look at what vile Perny brought to the world :zombie:

hqdefault.jpg

There's wrong and there's VERY WRONG!

My favorite is bwo, and then shirley, and then nanne. So bye to pernilla and Jan

• Love
Reactions: Zu
:D at @Madison voting for poor Nanny and her tonged fringe

I assume that the BWO hate club - don't think I haven't noticed that ALL of you have almost certainly been chez @VoR for half a French Fancy each at some point or another - is something to do with unseemly opinions expressed by A. Bard in recent-ish times but just look at what vile Perny brought to the world :zombie:

hqdefault.jpg

There's wrong and there's VERY WRONG!
The absolute gall of that woman to perform a magic spell to turn a gerbil into a crude approximation of a human, pass it off as her son, and still show her face on TV.

• BOOM BOOM
The absolute gall of that woman to perform a magic spell to turn a gerbil into a crude approximation of a human, pass it off as her son, and still show her face on TV.
And a gerbil with the horn at that :(

Really, FAR more of the viciously low vote announcements should come with LIVE FACIAL CLOSEUPS

(YES after several months I am now firmly of the opinion that WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL MALTA MAKES IT STRONGER. It's how they GOT THE ST GEORGE'S CROSS FFS!!)

Last edited:
  • Love
Really, FAR more of the viciously low vote announcements should come with LIVE FACIAL CLOSEUPS

(YES after several months I am now firmly of the opinion that WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL MALTA MAKES IT STRONGER)
You know, I just had exactly the same thought. It’s a shame we didn’t get that in 2018 (followed by a quick shot of Surie taking a long drink from her refillable soda).

(YES after several months I am now firmly of the opinion that WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL MALTA MAKES IT STRONGER)
I AGREE

Having rooted AND CARED for them all for so many months, it’s a hate crime to not let us see their reactions close-up when they do SHOCKINGLY POORLY!

You know, I just had exactly the same thought. It’s a shame we didn’t get that in 2018 (followed by a quick shot of Surie taking a long drink from her refillable soda).
I still yelp at the scale of Benjamin's failure (or alternately, the scale of SuRie's $UCCE$$) that *THE UK* beat him in the televote :D

I still yelp at the scale of Benjamin's failure (or alternately, the scale of SuRie's $UCCE$$) that *THE UK* beat him in the televote :D
I was obviously a tiny bit tipsy at the time as I don’t even REMEMBER this happening!

Pernilla’s face expression at only finishing 3rd with the public vote is on the same legendary scale as Måns in 2009.

65563-C54-2-BD8-4-EF7-9-CF7-69-F6-FCEBED84.jpg

For some weird reason she thought it was a good idea to show up dressed as Pippi Longstocking for the dress rehearsal:

And of course, the obligatory Russian cover by our queen alongside Anastasia Stotskaya:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom