Melfest 00-09 Runners-up SURVIVOR: THE SEMI FINAL

Vote for your LEAST FAVE

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
...and so we finally bid farewell to Pernilla Wahlgren, a sort of Kylie-meets-Colleen Nolan figure in Swedish pop music. A genuinely big local star in the mid 80s/early 90s, she has a surprisingly underwhelming record at Melfest, with only one bona-fide classic to her name - 1985's Piccadilly Circus. Outside the contest she had a brace of hits though, and was allegedly offered 'I Should Be So Lucky' before Kylie, only to be forced to turn it down due to pregnancy.

By 2003 she'd segued into more of a general light entertainment figure, and LYSF was her last realistic shot of getting her Eurovision moment. It wasn't to be, but she's remained in the spotlight primarily as a presenter, reality TV star and general willing tabloid fodder, with all three of her children following her into showbiz. She's also the ex-sister in law of Charlotte Perrelli, through her marriage to restauranteur Emilio Ingrosso, brother to Charlotte's no-good first husband Nicola. They remain friends, and Benji & co still consider Charlotte a beloved aunt. CAN YOU IMAGINE? :disco:

Oh yeah and Jan was there too I guess.

4th: Pernilla Wahlgren & Jan Johansen - Let Your Spirit Fly (2003)
5th: Friends - När jag tänker på imorgon (2000)
6th: Barbados - Se mig (2000)
7th: Caroline af ugglas - Snälla, Snälla (2009)
8th: Sanna Nielsen - Empty Room (2008)
9th Barbados - Allt som jag ser (2001)
=10th Mendez - Adrenaline (2002)
=10th Andreas Johnson - A Little Bit of Love (2007)

Last edited:
Our top three really does confirm the mid-00s as the GOLDEN ERA of Melfest. :disco:

Shirley Clamp - Min kärlek (2004)

Nanne Grönvall - Håll om mig (2005)

BWO - Temple of Love (2006)

This is actually hard. I know it’s not BWO, but the other two are about even

Obviously if it were something like THIS against BWO then I might be a little more TORN

I'm only being nasty about Nanny for the sake of it. She's my second favourite :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom