Melodifestivalen 2010-2019: Highest placed non-winning female SURVIVOR - ROUND ONE

Vote for your LEAST FAVE

• Timoteij - Kom (2010)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love (2011)

• Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing (2014)

• Mariette - Don't Stop Believing (2015)

• Mariette - A Million Years (2017)

• Wiktoria - As I Lay Me Down (2017 - WILDCARD)

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
OK now bear with me on this... :D

I was going to do a second runners' up survivor, but honestly the list is such a depressing sausage party that it would have felt both boring and a foregone conclusion that does a disservice to the wealth of riches Melfest has served up over the past ten years.

Also, I genuinely believe that the way that app vote functioned for most of this era gave a massive unfair advantage to photogenic boys, and the results really bear that out. In many cases the women wound up having bigger hits anyway.

Finally, this is just a much better slate of songs!

Also for added chaos I'm including Wiktoria because it feels silly not to given her track record. She's one of the few app-vote era women who actually overcame the bias, only for the juries to randomly decide that they hated her instead. :D

Anyway here we go:

Timoteij - Kom (5th 2010)

Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love (4th 2011)

Molly Sandén - Why Am I Crying? (5th 2012)

Louise Hoffsten - Only The Dead Fish Follow The Stream (5th 2013)

Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing (2nd 2014)

Mariette - Don't Stop Believing (3rd 2015)

Ace Wilder - Don't Worry (3rd 2016)

Last edited:
Mariette - A Million Years (4th 2017)

Wiktoria - As I Lay Me Down (6th 2017 - WILDCARD)

Mariette - For You (5th 2018)

Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO - Hold You (3rd 2019)

The far-less fabulous official runners-up list if you're interested:

Salem Al Fakir - Keep On Walking (2010)
Danny Saucedo - In The Club (2011)
Danny Saucedo - Amazing (2012)
YOHIO - Heartbreak Hotel (2013)
Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing (2014)
Jon-Hendrik Fjällgren - Jag är fri (2015)
Oscar Zia - Human (2016)
Nano - Hold On (2017)
Felix Sandman - Every Single Day (2018)
Bishara - On My Own (2019)

The far-less fabulous official runners-up list if you're interested:

Salem Al Fakir - Keep On Walking (2010)
Danny Saucedo - In The Club (2011)
Danny Saucedo - Amazing (2012)
YOHIO - Heartbreak Hotel (2013)
Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing (2014)
Jon-Hendrik Fjällgren - Jag är fri (2015)
Oscar Zia - Human (2016)
Nano - Hold On (2017)
Felix Sandman - Every Single Day (2018)
Bishara - On My Own (2019)

I can’t remember the last 3 but that’s not a bad list tbh :o

Thee last three are where it really falls apart, but I just felt like Ace would really obviously win which is a bit dull.

We can potentially run it later though!

Thee last three are where it really falls apart, but I just felt like Ace would really obviously win which is a bit dull.

We can potentially run it later though!

Not saying you made a bad call though :D

I like Dead Fish far more than that quite dreary Molly song.

It is a weird one though. 2013 really was a disaster of a year for Melfest.

Dead Fish is one of the highlights of that DREADFUL 2013 final.

I like Dead Fish far more than that quite dreary Molly song.

It is a weird one though. 2013 really was a disaster of a year for Melfest.

There were some highlights (though not necessarily in the final) i.e. Porslin and the dulcet tones of Janet Leon

Porslin is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard at Melfest, but I can kind of understand why it was a bit too much of a DOWNER for a Saturday night entertainment show. :D

Porslin is GORGEOUS.

But completely understandable why it bombed. :D

Gone for the dead fish, after that and Mariette's weakest entry of this bunch are gone, it'll get really tough.

The runners-up list is really quite good aside from 2013 and 2017 (and before people start, Bishara is my 3rd least favourite out of them - the rest are all quite excellent)
ok jacques
He was good but no ULRIK 😍

Wiktoria really should invest in a mattress, that bed's going to be terrible for her posture.

Reactions: VoR
For You by Mariette is the most hateful, as she totally could have WON that year if her song was any good :D
Maybe she should have entered For You second and A Million Years THIRD so we could have got AMY at Eurovision, which the song TOTALLY DESERVED :UncomfortableQuestion:

I remember the pre-hype for Mariette that year being the foregone conclusion that she was the "chosen one" that would win, then we all heard the 1 minute clip :basil::ChiaraWink:

For You by Mariette is the most hateful, as she totally could have WON that year if her song was any good :D
Maybe she should have entered For You second and A Million Years THIRD so we could have got AMY at Eurovision, which the song TOTALLY DESERVED :UncomfortableQuestion:

I remember the pre-hype for Mariette that year being the foregone conclusion that she was the "chosen one" that would win, then we all heard the 1 minute clip :basil::ChiaraWink:
That dance where she pretended to be a bull did her no favours.

I love how we all have an irrational dislike for a minimum of one of the songs on this list.

"I'm In Love" out next, please.

It’s got a good verse and it feels like there’s potential, it’s just going nowhere, the chorus simply isn’t there.

Mariette has gotten more comfortable on stage for each try. I believe she has has at least one more try in her, and if the stars align...

I originally voted for Dead Fish but then rewatched 'For You' and it wound me up in so many ways (the running motion! the weird hand gestures! the middle 8 that was cut and pasted from a completely different song!) that I had to change my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom