Miss Diana Ross coming to Glastonbury (+ UK Arena Tour)

Reports from Durham that she performed for only 65 minutes without set or costume changes on Wednesday. How does that compare for those of you who have already seen her?

I know a couple of people going to Longleat to see her tonight, and was tempted for a moment myself when the tickets were half price a few weeks ago.

At my one we didn't get the audience choice song from previous shows as she started about 15 minutes later than others had been reported to start, but otherwise got the full show with dress changes and she was in good form. That was two days before Glastonbury.

As in, when her costume changes were discounted her stage time only amounted to 65 minutes, or she played 65 minutes straight through?

If it's the former that might be true, she did noticeably take a few breaks, but the band stayed on so it wasn't like there were big chunks of nothing. It felt shorter than other big name concerts I've been to, but not by a hugely significant amount. She certainly packed in the hits.

She was technically on from 8.45 until around 10.30 in Leeds, which would be fairly standard I guess.

As in, when her costume changes were discounted her stage time only amounted to 65 minutes, or she played 65 minutes straight through?

If it's the former that might be true, she did noticeably take a few breaks, but the band stayed on so it wasn't like there were big chunks of nothing. It felt shorter than other big name concerts I've been to, but not by a hugely significant amount. She certainly packed in the hits.
Diana Ross fans have slammed her County Durham gig as a "disappointment" after last night's show.

Ross made a quick stop in the North East last night (June 29) at the Seat Unique Riverside, Chester-Le-Street on her Thank You Summer 2022 tour.

But some were left disappointed with the Motown legend’s performance with some jumping to criticise her, and one fan branding her "unprofessional."
Some fans waited for nearly four hours for Ross to come on stage shortly before 9pm, after gates opened at 5pm.

And when Ross did "come out" to her cheering fans, she performed a shorter set than expected, lasting just over an hour and five minutes with no costume or stage changes and no support act.

Read more: Diana Ross in Durham: Motown legend plays Chester-le-Street's Riverside stadium

Commenting online, one disappointed fan said she felt ripped off having spent £200 on tickets.

They said: “Really disappointed. Bought tickets for my Mam for Mothers' Day at Durham last night. They were there four hours before you came on.

“One hour of songs, no fancy dress chance, just a shirt and boots and no extras. Disappointed. Nearly 50 years she has loved you and £200 seems a rip off.”

While another ticketholder said Ross should "hang her head in shame" over the "let down" show.

Fans were also left confused at the end of the show when Ross disappeared off stage after performing Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.

Many expected the icon to return to the stage to perform an encore and thank fans for coming along but she failed to do so, leaving many confused and feeling like the show had come to an abrupt end.

Another unhappy gig-goer tweeted: “Very disappointed with Diana Ross in Durham last night. Arrived on stage late, looking like she couldn’t be bothered to dress up. She could hardly be heard above the “backing” singers and left without an encore.

“I get that she’s getting older, but this was unprofessional.”

However, others were quick to praise the music icon, 78, with some calling the show ‘fantastic’ and another praising her as ‘magical’.

Ross had fans singing and dancing at their seats throughout the show as she performed some of her most well-known hits including 'I'm Coming Out' and 'Stop! In the Name of Love'.

After the gig one fan said: "Well Diana Ross was fantastic, what a great night!"

While another added: "She sang brilliantly from the off [...] Loved her and feel so grateful to have seen such a living legend so locally."

She was fresh from a performance at Glastonbury last weekend (June 26) where she headlined the Sunday afternoon legends slot.

£200 on tickets? What tickets were they? Unless she's talking about more than one. And 8:45-9pm has been her stage time the whole tour.

I blame venues that open doors ridiculously early without advertising stage times, because they just want to get people in to sell drinks.

Yeah, the only 'complaint' which may seem valid is the 'abrupt' ending. What did you both get after Ain't No Mountain High Enough?

Yeah, the only 'complaint' which may seem valid is the 'abrupt' ending. What did you both get after Ain't No Mountain High Enough?
A rather long rendition of I Will Survive, then Thank You at the end with her sitting down and chatting away to the crowd before introducing the song.

IIRC it was

Ain't No Mountain High Enough
*costume change*
Audience request (It's My Turn for Leeds)
I Will Survive

Oh sorry, you're right. According to setlist.com it was Mountain/I Will Survive/It's My Turn/Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom