Moopyvision Karaoke Contest - SIGN UP TOPIC (CLOSES FRIDAY 21/5)

Would you like to enter?

• Total voters

COB

The ⭐ 👹
With Eurovision season drawing to a close following a night of programmes to replace the contest that never was, and weeks of Eurovision rewatches and related content here on Moopy, I know exactly what everyone needs right now... MORE EUROVISION :basil: I believe it's been five years since we've had one of these, so let's go for it - do YOU have a favourite Eurovision song? Do YOU think you could have a crack at performing it for the chance of fame, fortune and the adoration of your peers? Has lockdown made YOU a bit highly strung and prone to taking online games too seriously? If the answer to these questions is yes, then please think about entering...

moopyvision-logo.jpg

THE RULES
  • Your entry can be a cover version of any song that has competed in a Eurovision final or semi-final since 1956. Eurovision 2020 entries are also allowed. We will be having a Moopy event with a synchronised YouTube playlist of the entries, which will then be voted upon in Eurovision style.
  • You can submit either an audio file or a video. Submitting audio only is absolutely fine, but we'll be doing a YouTube playlist watchalong so keep that in mind. Entries without videos will have their audio added to a video of the original entry as that'll be more interesting than watching a blank screen. All videos will be set to unlisted, so your covers won't show up in general YouTube searches.
  • The form your entry takes is completely up to you. You can record yourself singing along to a karaoke track on your phone and send me an mp3, or you can play your own instruments or digitally produce your song with multiple vocal tracks if you prefer - nothing is off the table, as long as it's a Eurovision song and the track has your voice on it. The same is true for the video; you can either sing into a phone or webcam, or do something more ambitious with editing and effects if you like (getting the family and PETS involved is also allowed). I can't tell you whether the voting public will prefer an extravaganza or just you stripped, so keep this in mind.
Please let me know if you'll be competing using the poll above, and I'll then work out timings for when submissions open (so don't send me anything yet!) and when the deadline will be. I'm currently thinking at least a week, if not two, for you to create your entry. Please also let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Can I just provide MORAL SUPPORT? :)

How do things stand if two posters end up eager to sing the same song? Are we free to discuss what we might be thinking of singing?

If I can gather the confidence I might whip out my best SCOOCH

Reactions: COB
You can enter the same song as another person! If that happens it'll be down to the voters to decide which is the better interpretation. No problem discussing your ideas here, though you're also welcome to keep it a secret and give us a surprise on the night if you prefer :disco:

Given that I can't sing for my life I have to say no, and I can't rely on visuals after last time fiasco :disco: Good luck with it!

Anyway I'll enter if I an figure out how to do a CELESTIAL CHORAL ARRANGEMENT of Chains on You, like the one they had for Dancing Queen at Muriel's wedding in Muriel's Wedding

@Alla with your video editing skills you HAVE to take part!
But this is a singing competition, and The Nicole is Maria Callas compared to me :D I did it back in the day, but I don't even have any obsession at the moment to use as an excuse.

Given that I can't sing for my life I have to say no

Can ANYONE here? I'm probably the most tone deaf person around, I just won't choose a serious song and will make sure to have a drink or two before recording

OH I don’t want to be restricted to a particular year tho :(

Reactions: GNL
Surely the rules should be as flexible as possible to hook people in?

I'm here for this strictly as an observer on terms of singing.

I'm more of a SPOKEN WORD ARTISTE, so I'm open to suggestions.

We won't be restricting this to a particular year, as it's been so long since the last one and I'm also guessing some people will be feeling quite nostalgic towards various different contests at the moment since we've been having the rewatches and retrospective shows.

I might have to draw a year out of a hat and pick something from it. There's too much choice at the minute and my brain can't manage it.
Ooh we could have a TWIST and the non-participants could chose a song for each member :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom