Moopyvision Karaoke SPICE SPECIAL - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED, LIVE SHOW COMING SATURDAY 25TH JULY

COB

The ⭐ 👹
Spice-Special-announcement-image.jpg

Hello and welcome to the Moopyvision Karaoke Spice Special! This is a spinoff karaoke contest dedicated to everyone's(?) favourite five-piece pop stunners, The Spice Girls. With their glittering back catalogue and nice clothes/dancing there's a wealth of material for our performers to choose from, but who will come out on top to be crowned THE BEST SPICE GIRL EVER (except Victoria)?
THE RULES
Your entry can be a cover version of any song that released by either The Spice Girls as a group, or any of the members as a solo artist. Songs where they were a featured artist are also acceptable, so you can cover things like that football song they did or Bryan Adams featuring Mel C etc. We will be having a YouTube premiere extravaganza once all entries are in which will then be voted upon in Eurovision style.
You can submit either an audio file or a video. Submitting audio only is absolutely fine, but we'll be doing a YouTube watchalong so keep that in mind. Entries without videos will have their audio added to a video or image of my choosing. You can also enter a Eurovision-style POSTCARD aka a short video to introduce yourself (lasting five to ten seconds).

The form your entry takes is completely up to you. You can record yourself singing along to a karaoke track on your phone and send me an mp3, or you can play your own instruments or digitally produce your song with multiple vocal tracks if you prefer - nothing is off the table, and you can look at the recent Moopyvision Karaoke contest to see the sort of incredible things people can produce!

The deadline for submitting your entries is THURSDAY 23rd JULY 2020 at 6PM, and I'm aiming to have the show ready for Saturday 25th.

The following users answered the sign-up topic:

@Beryl
@ButterTart
@Chlammy
@COB
@cwej
@Diddy
@Gangsta Nancy Lam
@Iguana
@SDF
@Tisch

As before, if you didn't answer the poll you can STILL ENTER, and I encourage this (and will be actively agitating for it) because the more the merrier!

Good luck and SPICE UP!

Last edited:
YAAAY

Now to find a song that bloody works :D

Request that the bar be lowered please, I don't think I can manage a multimedia extravaganza (and looking at my last entry, IT SHOWED)

I noticed the geese in the launch video :D:disco:

Oh shit, I'm actually doing this!

I have two choices, I think. I'm not a connoisseur like the rest of you so my song choice will be a lot more... basic than everyone else's.

Can the same song be submitted twice or on e something is taken is that it?

Can the same song be submitted twice or on e something is taken is that it?
You can enter any song, no matter whether someone else has entered it! The songs will be revealed on the night :disco:

Ok... I shall try my best! I should be able to manage something even if I have to go record it in my car :D

Reactions: COB
Thats my way of saying, no idea hun, sorry xx

Also @aquaplex I know you have a lot on but This Groove on Spotify would be so appreciated x

Reactions: dUb
Youtube comments about This Groove: "I love Victoria. Her voice is gorgeous and this song is my favourite song ever."

God, I love the GAYZ

God, if I’m struggling with the spice girls how the hell will I do the All Saints harmonies :D

Good evening Spice fans, are we all thinking about our entries? I'm finding it quite hard to narrow my choice down :(

Good evening Spice fans, are we all thinking about our entries? I'm finding it quite hard to narrow my choice down :(
I've laid my vocals down but my parents have come home early from the holiday home so my plans of a black and white vintage video have gone up in smoke for now.

Still very excited COB.

Reactions: COB
Why don't you go to the holiday home to film it?
Wanna pay for my car insurance for a week so I can get there?

I'll be back in Milan by myself on Friday so might be able to bang it out then. Please excuse the decor!

I really cannot decide between an earnest ballad or an uptempo STOMPER.

Last time I turned an uptempo stomper INTO an earnest ballad. And look how THAT panned out. :angry:

I really cannot decide between an earnest ballad or an uptempo STOMPER.

Last time I turned an uptempo stomper INTO an earnest ballad. And look how THAT panned out. :angry:
The logical thing to do is to turn Mama into a bombastic dance anthem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom