National Theatre Live Free Streaming

Was looking forward to this but I’m not interested in any of the line up sadly. Jane Eyre at a PUSH.

Was looking forward to this but I’m not interested in any of the line up sadly. Jane Eyre at a PUSH.

I'm looking forward to One Man, as I said (it was supposedly excellent), Jane Eyre looks good and although Treasure Island isn't my thing, I DO love a good bit of SHAKEY :disco:

And to be honest, I just love the theatre generally. Definitely something to look forward to of a Thursday night- I hope it makes them do home screenings again. I'd pay a fiver most weeks to watch something from their back catalogue on the sofa.

Reactions: GNL
I’d definitely pay to get access to their catalogue yes.

I’m so annoyed I’ve just left working at the college as they gave teachers free access to EVERYTHING.

I’d definitely pay to get access to their catalogue yes.

I’m so annoyed I’ve just left working at the college as they gave teachers free access to EVERYTHING.

DO they!!? What is EVERYTHING? They have an archive of their productions?

TELL ME MORE!

Teachers (and students) get access to the NT Collection which is basically everything they’ve recorded for broadcast in the past ten years, so that’s all your Shakespeares, Danny Boyle’s Frankenstein, Billie Piper in Yerma, all the Greek ones like Madea... THE LOT. :disco:

Teachers (and students) get access to the NT Collection which is basically everything they’ve recorded for broadcast in the past ten years, so that’s all your Shakespeares, Danny Boyle’s Frankenstein, Billie Piper in Yerma, all the Greek ones like Madea... THE LOT. :disco:

ANY teachers?

How do you do this? I'm just thinking of getting a friend or two on it- right now that would be a BOON!

Oh I looked it up- they seemingly police it quite heavily

I am missing out on so many shows because of this. Its a hard time for a LUVVY.

Somebody I work with raves about One Man... So I'll give it a go despite my misgivings about Corden.

Sally Cookson is a great director, and I have a soft spot for Twelfth Night so I'll be watching a few of these.

I'm having a WATCH PARTY with my Cinema Theatre Club (about six of us) and then having a chat about it after on Houseparty. It's terribly MODERN.

the Metropolitan Opera has a similar service if anyone is interested in old school musicals :)

Well One Man, Two Guvnors was wonderful, even with James Corden. Thoroughly enjoyed all of it- I think it stays streamable for a week, so I suggest you give it a bash if you can!

What do you recommend?!

Anyone do Jane Eyre? I thought it was quite good, but couldn’t warm to Jane- she was just annoying. And it did verge a bit too much on pretentious interpretative dance for my liking.

I am absolutely loving the concept though- I go to the cinema to see NT Live shows fairly often anyway, but I’d happily pay a subscription for a once weekly showing of something.

Anyone do Jane Eyre? I thought it was quite good, but couldn’t warm to Jane- she was just annoying. And it did verge a bit too much on pretentious interpretative dance for my liking.

Yes, agreed. I don't like how modern theatre throws in these dances, mainly because the actors can't dance. :D

I didn't like the random "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley either.

But all in all, quite good. Going to watch Treasure Island with the little urchins this Sunday.

Yes, agreed. I don't like how modern theatre throws in these dances, mainly because the actors can't dance. :D

I didn't like the random "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley either.

But all in all, quite good. Going to watch Treasure Island with the little urchins this Sunday.

I haven't seen it but that description sounds HIDEOUS!

I haven't seen it but that description sounds HIDEOUS!

It was better than that made out, honestly! Worth a (free) watch.

I’m going to go in for Treasure Island live on Thursday. Interested to see what’s showing for May too.

That was meant to be great. Got amazing reviews.

Jane Eyre was overly long I thought and over acted. Best thing about it was the music.

Not National Theatre, but there's an adaptation of Angela Carter's Wise Children on iPlayer.

Bristol Old Vic is going to start streaming productions weekly from 1st May.

The NT live Jane Eyre was a co-production between the National Theatre and BOV, so I'm hopeful we may get some good stuff.

Bristol Old Vic is going to start streaming productions weekly from 1st May.

The NT live Jane Eyre was a co-production between the National Theatre and BOV, so I'm hopeful we may get some good stuff.

Any idea what yet then? Do keep us updated.

I’m almost running out of time for all this CONTENT :disco:

It was ok, but definitely the weakest of the three so far. Also, it just all seemed so dark- both in terms of subject matter and the staging. It could have done with some more lights and some more humour! I thought the stage itself was magnicifent, though.

I saw it live at the theatre and it wasn't great then. The set was incredible though and I don't know much of that came across on TV.

I saw it live at the theatre and it wasn't great then. The set was incredible though and I don't know much of that came across on TV.

It did. It really was spectacular and the full star of the show.

Also, may be “news” only to me, but the BroadwayHD app has a 7 day free trial going on. Going to wait for a rainy weekend and hammer it.

Thanks for the tip, as this was marvellous! Enjoyed every second of it.

It was, wasn't it? I remember finding out about it the day after it had been in town and being really disappointed I missed it. I'm glad I managed to catch it in the end.

They’re putting out Frankenstein and Antony & Cleopatra now as well :disco:

The RSC have six previous productions up on iPlayer

Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello, Romeo and Juliet and The Merchant of Venice.

This happened tonight (there’s a nice surprise near the end but I think the internet will spoil it)

Did anyone watch Twelfth Night? Took a while to get going but the second half was really good, very funny.

I wasn't in the right frame of mind for it and I misread that it was over three hours long, so watched the first half and then fiddled with my phone in the second and didn't pay attention. Mr Sheena loved it though.

Gillian Anderson’s “Streetcar” coming at the end of May :disco: Finally!

Reactions: GNL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom