New Pet Shop Boys - Let's GIVE STUPIDITY a CHANCE

I actually thought that was a parody at first!

The sleeve of this new EP is pretty snotty as well.

And they were going into old age so gracefully... :(

I knew someone would EDIT my TITLE :D

*goes on random tagging spree*

I don't mind it at all. Most of the FANZZZ hate it. But then they seem to hate EVERYTHING THEY DO :rolleyes:

Apart from their LIVE SHOWS. I saw one on the telly a while ago. It was DREADFUL

This is like the purest reflection of a society that only lets rich idiots do satire, it's so bad. Michael Gove is a disgusting pig but his line about experts was inadvertently totally right. We completely valorise this idea of who's "most qualified" when most of the people calling the shots are bullshitting as much as anyone else.

The liberal conception of intelligence is all about aesthetics and politeness, that's why they hate Trump and Brexit so much.

And I won't even mention the lyric video's brazen attack on the DPRK and the Juche idea!

We completely valorise this idea of who's "most qualified" when most of the people calling the shots are bullshitting as much as anyone else.

The liberal conception of intelligence is all about aesthetics and politeness, that's why they hate Trump and Brexit so much.

would you care to elaborate? genuine interest.

I felt there was traffic and convo to be had. Soz!

It doesn't MATTER!

It's just when I wrote it I thought 'This is going to look like quite a random title and someone will TIDY IT UP'.

I am an EDITOR y'know

They've done SATIRE about 100 times better, this is just too earnest and unworthy of them. And the tune is weak :(

It's only off some random EP of cast-offs apparently

Let's hope the ALBUM is BETTER

The album is with Stuart Price so I HAVE CONFIDENCE. This sounds like a Elysium cast off.

There will be a physical CD released alongside this year's "Annually" by the way.

Last year's goes for SILLY PRICES in various prices...

Annieways there's a new song out every day this week

Tomorrow's is called 'ON SOCIAL MEDIA' and is rumoured to be a STOMPER

would you care to elaborate? genuine interest.

Yeah, of course! I know I was being quite glib, I was typing another essay somewhere else :side-eye:

Obviously people knowing stuff is a good thing in itself. The reason I agree with the core of what Michael Gove said is how poorly the smartest people in the room have ran the world. Things are still shit for most people, even with the geniuses in charge.

Doing politics isn't like doing an exam, it's not a purely intellectual exercise. It's why nobody cared about Hillary Clinton being the "most qualified nominee ever", for instance (and if she was so smart, why didn't she win?). Their great intellect has been exposed and now the rich people who their ideas benefited feel bad.

The PSB video includes all of this stuff about Trump being a retard and a sex pest (again, fair game in itself) but you don't have to look back too far for another rapist president, it's just that Bill Clinton covered up his sex creep shit. It's Trump's outward crudeness that is the biggest sin for these people because it pulls the curtain back on the evils of America and the rest of the western world.

Liberals conceive intelligence through aesthetics because they're obsessed with representation and image over actual political change. When your actual beliefs and policies aren't transformative, then you have to be good at selling an abstract idea of "professionalism" and wear a nice suit. It's all about the branding.

You can GET INTO AN ARGUMENT RIGHT AWAY
If you're ON SOCIAL MEDIA

:D

Last edited:
God, whatever happened to Neil's WITTINESS? The lyrics are late-Madonna levels of embarrassing.

I guess whilst one may prefer to deploy the rapier wit, occasionally the verbal bludgeon will be seen as more effective.

I dunno, is anyone else finding this all a little beneath the PSBs?

This is a silly B-side at best. I'm getting flashbacks to "SEND ME AN EMAIL THAT SAYS I LOVE YOU" when he talks about retweets and hashtags :zombie:

It's very difficult to come across convincingly when you're singing about modern phenomena, especially if you're not 17. They're not exactly adding much to the discussion

Again, they feel snooty here, derisive. Also the "speedier/media" rhyme is grim.

It's the better of the three tunes, I'll give you that. But FUCK ME if this is the same man who wrote King's Cross, My October Symphony or Being Boring.

I mean I quite like the new SLEDGEHAMMER LYRICAL APPROACH

I'd like this more if they'd gone full Glam Rock.

"Hansard/answered" is a peach of a rhyme but the lyrics don't scan well in places.

I think On Social Media is just about the best of the three. Not much in it mind...

Didn't they say at one point that the third part of the Stuart Price trilogy was going to be more downbeat/miserable? Maybe this somewhat rum bunch is just serving to get some silliness out of the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom