Nicola Roberts - Cinderella's Eyes

L! O! VE!? or H! A! TE!?

• Total voters
Have we all heard/seen the acoustic version of Yo-Yo?

I think I actually prefer it to the album version - BEAUTIFUL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sprEYJ28g4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THIS is amazing.

The whole THING is amazing! (well not all of it, but allow me an overreaction)

09 Beat of my drum
10 Lucky Day
18 Yo-Yo
09 Cinderella's Eyes
10 Porcelain heart
06 I
07 Everybody's got to learn sometime
10 Say it out loud
08 Gladiator
07 Fish out of water
08 Take a bite
07 Sticks & Stones

Amazingly this project is not quite dead yet. She's tweeted about going into a video meeting for Yo Yo today. Apparently she's written her own script for it.

Whether that means she'll be shooting it herself on her Iphone is UNCONFIRMED. :(

I cannot get over the Yo Yo acoustic version, I really can't. Utterly gorgeous and I love the manic/stalker-ish not in her delivery.

She's on Alan Titchmarsh tomorrow performing Yo-Yo.

ALL THE A-LIST BOOKINGS :disco:

Is this cheap anywhere yet? I'm expecting it to be a fiver or less after Xmas...

It's £3.99 on Amazon this week for anyone who hasn't grabbed it yet. I'm still waiting for the CD to go cheap though like Octophone, hopefully that won't be too long.

Still loving this album, "Say It Out Loud" is probably among my top ten songs of 2011 so far (and an excellent workout track at that, especially the instrumental spazz-out bit :disco:)

Definitely one of my favourite albums of the year. I do always find myself skipping BOMD and I is still a bit meh though:

06 Beat of My Drum
08 Lucky Day
09 Yo-Yo
09 Cinderella's Eyes
10 Porcelain Heart
05 I
08 Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime
09 Say It Out Loud
09 Gladiator
07 Fish Out of Water
08 Take A Bite
08 Sticks + Stones

I just "GOT" Lucky Day about a month ago :( shame it FLOPPED everywhere

It's so Dragonette I LOVE IT

Named the 38th best album of 2011 in The Guardian's year-end top 50. :disco:

The impending GA semi-comeback has reminded me of this and the fact that I haven't listened to it in what seems like ages. I'll have to give it a spin later to see if that's my mistake or if it just hasn't endured too well already

Last edited:
I gave this a SIX? I forget how much I found so much of it unlistenable initially.

The beard picture on page one is remarkable. What a FASHIONISTA.

04 Beat of My Drum
10 Lucky Day
10 Yo-Yo
10 Cinderella's Eyes
10 Porcelain Heart
04 I
04 Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime
10 Say It Out Loud
10 Gladiator
10 Fish Out of Water
08 Take A Bite
05 Sticks + Stones

The peaks are flying above the clouds, and I'm really giving her the benefit of the doubt with those vocals (think Liza recording a voicemail going down a ski slope) and occaisional iffy lyric about being a self-conscious ginge growing up in Cherly's spotlight, etc. There's no denying how strong the good stuff really is though.

And for what it's worth:

11 Memory of You (imagine if lightning struck twice for The Beloved, or New Order at the peak of their stark-pop powers, and THIS is the Nicola I want for the next album, the vocal is exquisite).

I listened to the album for the first time in ages a couple of weeks ago. It really is a selection of good to great pop songs and I love the production. But yes, her voice is hard to sit through for an entire album. The very forced sounding vibrato needs to go for starters.

I quite like this album but it says it ALL when the best track is a Girls Aloud song that was recorded back in 2008 with Kimberley's vocals removed!

I wonder if she'll work with Metronomy again - I'd love a bonus version of Love Letters with her vocals :disco:

Last edited:
There's some terrible rumours that Nicola's about to join BGT.

If this is true how long before Nadine starts giving interviews saying that she wouldn't really be interested in a primetime tv gig as she's far too busy with motherhood and her new album and how she hasn't wished Nicola well in person because Nicola hasn't called.

It was Queen Nic's 30th yesterday
http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/05/09/2D18249600000578-3260205-image-m-47_1444033697687.jpg

SOMEBODY was looking less radiant. Has she always had that Bunton forehead?
http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/05/09/2D1806E300000578-3260205-image-a-52_1444033970122.jpg
http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/05/09/2D1807B400000578-3260205-image-a-51_1444033895131.jpg

I did LOL that she is named as Kimberley STEWART in the article. Always and forever an absolute nobody.

Last edited:
Even as a hitherto Kimberley fan then I realised I'd completely forgotten her surname. For about a minute I convinced myself she was Kimberley Wyatt.

She does seem to be getting stage work though. HOW ON EARTH? Elaine Paige in her radio show mentioned two West End shows she's got coming up shortly. It's wrong that Elaine Paige should even know who she is.

I hate that vile coven of witches that is Chez, Kim and Nic. They remind me of the girls at school who think they're far better than they actually are and go around making everyone else's life hell simply because they're not part of the group.

Reactions: Zu
Been listening to this for the last few days for the first time ever, mainly due to Nic replying to my comment on one of her Instagram posts a little while back so I got a little starstruck :laugh:

I never gave this a chance at the time because I hated BOMD so much that I thought the rest of the album would be silly nonsense like that. However I have been pleasantly surprised.

Cinderella's Eyes, Take a Bite and Sticks + Stones are fantastic. The production really is top-notch. I dont think in 2011 people were ready for this type of record, had it been released now I think it would have been more easily accepted.

BOMD still sucks though.

I still listen to Beat Of My Drum and the remixes regularly

As for the rest of the album...

Beat Of My Drum is in my (theoretical) top 20 of the millennium. There are at least 4 or 5 other amazing tracks on the album as well.

But I still find her voice (and more specifically her vibrato) hard work for an album. For me it works better as a featured specimen of diaphanous, shimmering beauty than a solo voice.

BoMD was a bomb, but some of the stuff here is absolutely dazzling and I could only have been more happy had she brought back her iconic side ponytail. That she gifted us with a non Kimba Memory of You means the world will forever be in her debt - that's my ultimate Girls Aloud song until either a solo Nadine Untouchable or solo Sarah The Loving Kind surface.

Is Dainty Doll cosmetics still a thing? What is she doing these days, other than laying on the refreshments at half time during Cherly and Kimba's sapphic trysts?

Is Dainty Doll cosmetics still a thing? What is she doing these days, other than laying on the refreshments at half time during Cherly and Kimba's sapphic trysts?

Writing/ behind the scenes unfortunately.

Most recently she had a track on the Tinashe album with Dev Hynes.

Beat Of My Drum is in my (theoretical) top 20 of the millennium. There are at least 4 or 5 other amazing tracks on the album as well.

But I still find her voice (and more specifically her vibrato) hard work for an album. For me it works better as a featured specimen of diaphanous, shimmering beauty than a solo voice.

I don't think it's actually her voice. It's the way it's used here- I mean, in Girls Aloud, that "diaphanous, shimmering beauty" was absolutely wonderful, but she doesn't use it AT ALL on her solo stuff- she tries belting, which makes her sound shrill at best.

Still, I love the album too- I threw it on only a few weeks ago and loved it from start to finish. There's some truly wonderful stuff on there- from the singles (all great) to "Cinderella's Eyes", "Gladiator", and, my absolute solo career highlight for her, "Porcelain Heart". Wonder if she'll ever manage to get out another?

straightorbroken said:
until either a solo Nadine Untouchable or solo Sarah The Loving Kind surface.

Could not possibly agree more on both counts.

Sheena said:
I don't think it's actually her voice. It's the way it's used here- I mean, in Girls Aloud, that "diaphanous, shimmering beauty" was absolutely wonderful, but she doesn't use it AT ALL on her solo stuff

Agree. Whether this style was her creative choice or whether she just wanted to distance herself from the group so this album wasn't Girls Aloud lite is anybody's guess.

Sheena said:
Wonder if she'll ever manage to get out another?

CE didnt sell well, combined that its really been over 4 years since Nic was relevant leads me to suggest that there is no chance she will get a contract. At this point I'm not even sure there would be enough interest in a Girls Aloud comeback tour, sadly... :sad:

Oh that last comment is bollocks- a Girls Aloud tour would sell like HOTCAKES.

And she can release independently. No one needs a record deal NOWADAYS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom