Ninth console generation (Xbox Series X and Playstation 5)

Bigger than a breadbin, that's for sure :shock:

The adaptive triggers on the controller really do feel like a game changing advancement - they can have different levels of resistance depending on what you're doing in the game. For example there's a bit in Astro's Playroom where you have to use a bow and arrow, and the trigger is harder to pull as it's simulating the bowstring :D

Reactions: SDF
I've finished the main stuff in Astro's Playroom now, what a lovely little game! It's full of so much nostalgia - you collect 'artifacts' which are old bits of PlayStation hardware, everything from the consoles themselves (and all the hardware revisions) to stuff like the PS1 multitap and the EyeToy. There are also little groups of robots re-enacting various games as you go through the levels, including your Horizons and Bloodbornes etc of course but also DEEP CUTS like Vib Ribbon and UmJammer Lammy :D There are also multiple appearances from that T-Rex from the PS1 demo disc... it's the first time I've felt like Sony actually have quite a rich history, and it's lovely seeing them mine it like this.

Is Astro’s Playroom was a full game I’d have probably bought a PS5 for it :D

Here’s a rather tepid review of Cyberpunk which discusses the trans and other identity issues

Here’s a rather tepid review of Cyberpunk which discusses the trans and other identity issues

comments disabled :D

I've kinda decided that I think I might possibly but almost definitely wait for the PS5 version... maybe

"the ads [...] are grating and with no real point"

like in the real world, babes!

“The game is sexist and transphobic”

like in the real world, babes! :side-eye:

Was JK Rowling behind this game

Reactions: COB
How different would the PS5 version be? The game already runs on both consoles.

They wouldn't release ANOTHER one, would they?

yes but it's not optimized for PS5 yet. I'm guessing graphics, stability, resolution and framerate and the like, and all the reported bugs will have been ironed out by then

I ordered a new TV today so I can enjoy the genitalia customization in Cyberpunk in 4K

any gossip on when there will be more PS5 consoles on the shelves though? will there ever?

I ordered a new TV today so I can enjoy the genitalia customization in Cyberpunk in 4K

any gossip on when there will be more PS5 consoles on the shelves though? will there ever?

What TV did you go for?

This isn't much of a surprise, but Sony have confirmed they're working on a VR system for the PS5:

Is VR any good? I can't help but think it's another gimmick that will fade away eventually.

I enjoy PSVR a lot, but I'd be wary of recommending it over a PC-based VR platform (if you have a good enough PC) as those tend to have great non-games content as well. I'm particularly annoyed at not being able to use the VR version of Google Earth, which is pretty wonderful.

I got a mega-cheap deal for PSVR (I had to haul myself all the way to CROYDON for it so there was THAT) so I don't know if I would feel the same at full price but I've had TWO gaming moments to it that I would put up there with some of my best ones: Astro Bot and Resi VII. So it's a YES from me even if you can say it's quite gimmicky.

PC VR is much better than PS4 VR. Beat Saber is some of the most fun I've ever had with gaming. Skyrim with mods was great fun too, and phasmophobia is excellent and so much more effective in VR than just playing it normally.

I think VR definitely has a future and would definitely consider getting the PS5 VR

So is it worth trying to get a PS5 NOW? Or should I wait for its 'Special Editions' to be released?

I usually buy consoles on Day 1.

PS5 VR controllers revealed:

Thank goodness they have sticks on them! This is something that held back the current PSVR, it was fine using the Dualshock but the Move controllers weren't REALLY fit for purpose.

I'm very excited by the prospect of the new VR stuff! They have said that the stream next week won't have anything about that unfortunately, but I'm expecting a separate event for it at some point.

ooh, about TIME!

I've still not got my hands on one and yes, I am commenting YES PLEASE on every supermarket's special deals on Facebook :shy:

Is this worth watching or is it just going to be MEN WITH BIG SWORDS and/or BIG GUNS in OPEN WORLD MAPS?

We'll have to see :eyes: But probably the latter yes :tongue: There is allegedly Crash Bandicoot 25th anniversary something or other, if that's your bag.

I've finally got a PS5 on the way as a gift for my nephew and am half minded to sell it for twice the value in the week before Christmas :D

It's taken MONTHS to get a non-scalped one so obviously I won't be doing that

I've tuned in late to see a new Tom Clancy game with aliens and biological weapons. Are ALL GAMES melting into ONE?

Just SHOOT ZOMBIES in the head with a STREET FIGHTER AVATAR while ARIANA GRANDE sings in the background!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom