Norway 2022: Subwoolfer - Give That Wolf A Banana

Do you like this entry?

• Total voters
All the acts joining in for the winning performance is actually a lovely moment, though probably a bit GUTTING for some of them :D
Not nice to force them when they're making suicide plans or deciding which 'bab to buy on the way home :(

• Sad
Reactions: COB
I wonder if they’re ever planning to reveal themselves?

My Norwegian friend reckons it’s NOT Ylvis because he saw one of the Ylvis brothers out boating when they would’ve had to be in the studio.

Also “Ylvis are generally far funnier than this”

Rumours are that it’s Ben Adams from a1 and Gåute Ormasen (has been in a few previous Norwegian finals)

Rumours are that it’s Ben Adams from a1 and Gåute Ormasen (has been in a few previous Norwegian finals)

This appears to have been confirmed.

They got caught out because Ben's car registration is BA1 :basil: :DAF:

1645538693410.png

@Kate this might be the only Eurovision news that you're interested in this year.

I like to pretend I love them ironically but I actually genuinely love them

Ben has gone and RUINED HIMSELF by having a BABY though

This is absolutely DREADFUL.

I think it’ll do quite well though, with televoters gravitating towards it more than they would towards the other fun4europe/novelty songs (Latvia, Moldova and probably Georgia) and them not being completely tanked by the juries.

Last edited:
I've added a poll as it seems divisive.

I like it. I don't think it'll do amazingly well, but if it gets past the juries it'll be a fun bit of uptempo filler for the finals.

I've added a poll as it seems divisive.

I like it. I don't think it'll do amazingly well, but if it gets past the juries it'll be a fun bit of uptempo filler for the finals.
Filler?! It's really obviously going to be one of the big talking points and most hyped entries of the year??

True but I think we sometimes overestimate how big the televote will be for entries like this.

I imagine they're probably on for not all that dissimilar a result to Keiino - apathy bordering on a sneer from the juries, and an absolutely huge televote (if probably not quite the winning one).

It's FUN and also has a good dance beat to it as well. I predict similar to Tix's faring last year, qualifier then a low teens finish.

This feels like one of the only things we've heard so far that might have a bit of a life outside the contest - I could easily see it going viral or getting a decent bit of radio play all over Europe.

This feels like one of the only things we've heard so far that might have a bit of a life outside the contest - I could easily see it going viral or getting a decent bit of radio play all over Europe.
I've already had it mentioned to me by casual fan friends who don't normally know anything this far out. There's no way this isn't qualifying/going top ten.

Baffled by comments (not really on moopy, I mean in the wider online Eurovision fanbase) saying that this (and also Israel) will not qualify.
This seems a nailed-on qualifier to me, it's gonna be talking point for sure.

I mean Serhat qualified reasonably comfortably with Say Na Na Na, and this sort of thing isn't exactly LIGHT YEARS away :D

Baffled by comments (not really on moopy, I mean in the wider online Eurovision fanbase) saying that this (and also Israel) will not qualify.
The wider online Eurovision fanbase is busy having a po-faced tantrum that this is going to "set back Eurovision by twenty years" because they got overexcited at how credible the top 5 was last year and thought for a brief moment they wouldn't get seen as weird shut-ins anymore because of that (when if anything, the fact they'll spend the whole three minutes having a po-faced tantrum while people watching it with them are saying it's a terrific Eurovision entry and an immediate classic is exactly what will confirm that they're weird shut-ins)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom