Paloma Faith - Only Love Can Hurt Like This

only love can hurt like theeeeeeeeeeeeeees?

• Total voters

ameraal

la loi de murphy
has it really been five years? unbelievable. anyway, this fantastic hriekathon randomly came on and i remembered how much i loved it at the time.

This is her best song, and what a song it is

I know some don’t like her vox, but I think it works perfectly here

Can’t decide if this is iconic or not. But I still can’t forget it:

Most people just say thank you at the end

Oh it’s iconic. It’s her best ever performance, if only for the continued entertainment that she could be electrocuted at any given moment

Last edited:
Oh it’s iconic. It’s her best ever performance, if only for the continued entertainment that she could be electrocuted at any given moment

I’m not sure that’s her best vocal ever (if so, ooof). Liking the “I dropped the photocopier toner” hands

This is very good. In fact I really like several of her tracks but wouldn’t particularly call myself a fan.

incidentally this has come out on the official channel:

it's the slowed / reverb revolution!

we'll just take the edge off a little, paloma, darling!

howling fuming grumping

incidentally this has come out on the official channel:

it's the slowed / reverb revolution!

we'll just take the edge off a little, paloma, darling!

howling fuming grumping

But WHY?
i don’t hate it though

Is this a Tiktok thing? They’re always slowing things down or speeding them up

this is many shades of brilliant vocally.

anyway I just listened to this song for the first time in maybe a year and damn. it's a real masterpiece. it's such a big warm hug of a song, the brass is divine, and the THRILL of hearing her absolutely GO FOR IT vocally (having made you wait half the song for it) is immense. she fucking did that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paloma sang this on concert 4 Ukraine and it was nice to hear it again. Vocals a bit funny but thats her

I see that both slowed down and sped up versions of this song have been added to Spotify - I have no idea why, but I'm going to assume it's TikTok related?

Oh I just saw the post above about the slow version :D The sped up one is new at least!

I see that both slowed down and sped up versions of this song have been added to Spotify - I have no idea why, but I'm going to assume it's TikTok related?

Yeah it’s popular with traumatok

:moopachu:

• Wow
Reactions: COB
this is having some kind of huge moment on TikTok. it's doubled its streams this year on Spotify, re-entered the UK top 75 this week and charted on billboard for the first time :o :disco:

What are the kids’ obsessions with chipmunk vocals? It NEVER dies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom