Pet Shop Boys - Hotspot (album and singles 2019/2020)

VoR

Take it or leave it
Now this is MUCH more like it after that worryingly dreadful EP they farted out earlier this year :disco:

This is great. If only Years & Years were still a significant chart force we could has seen PSB back in the charts. Well if Whitney can do it...

And a greatest hits tour next year.

Quite pricey by their standards but still got some .

Can’t wait to see them at Radio 2 Festival thing this Sunday, I hope it’s like last year with Kylie and they have guests .

*Dusty hologram on cardboard boxes again*

They were on Radio 2 with Zoe Ball this morning.

Couldn't be arsed to listen properly.

Oh I'd happily see them again. It's been a good 15 years. Mind you not sure what new they'd bring. Plus that gig was fucking amazing.

They're pretty spectacular as a live act and still seem to be able to play massive gigs around the world.

I quite like this new one, though I've not been overly partial about their recent lead singles so perhaps it bodes well. I assume it's going to be quite DANCEY as it's the last of the DANCEY trilogy that started with Electric if memory serves.

I really like this on first listen. Does the chorus borrow from something, it sounds very familiar musically?

Seems slightly odd that they are promoting the tour as a greatest hits one, when the album will only be a few months old (unless it is just a ruse to flog more tickets).

What does that intro rip off? ‘Danger For Love’ is coming to mind but it’s definitely not that. Although it’s something similar :side-eye:

ACHTUNG @Shirley

It’s definitely VERY similar but the one I’m thinking of (or not) has exactly the same note sequence. I shall have to get my Rozalla album out to see if it’s one of the others. She was, after all, the Zimbabwean Enya :disco:

It’s definitely VERY similar but the one I’m thinking of (or not) has exactly the same note sequence. I shall have to get my Rozalla album out to see if it’s one of the others. She was, after all, the Zimbabwean Enya :disco:

Only since Mugabe vacated the position.

LIVE from HYDE PARK starting ROUND ABOUT NOW on BBC4

I don't think I CAN but I might tune in for the TOTP COMPILATION that's on afterwards

Oh it doesn't start until 8. Be thankful for SMALL MERCIES

They were on Radio 2 with Zoe Ball this morning.

Couldn't be arsed to listen properly.
:D

I quite like this but I feel like the instrumental is more interesting than the song written on top of it. And their voices don't quite blend.

Even though I’ve diligently bought the last few PSB albums, I can’t say that I ever listen to them or want to hear or buy another one. Obviously it’s nice that they’re still alive though. Poor Chris has looked like he’s been on death’s door for YEARS!

Last edited:
In the end I DID and it was BETTER than I was expecting*

*May contain BEVERLEY KNIGHT. Thankfully they turned LITTLE OLLY'S MIC DOWN :D

In the end I DID and it was BETTER than I was expecting*

*May contain BEVERLEY KNIGHT. Thankfully they turned LITTLE OLLY'S MIC DOWN :D

I don't think it was turned down quite enough. Poor dear was struggling, mind you Neil didn't sound that much better on Dreamland either.

It was a very well chosen set list overall though. The newish ones they did fit in well. What I Have Done to Deserve This went rather better than some of their previous revisions. I thought Beverley was going to go off piste but she reined it in when she needed to.

It was so good ! The crowd were amazing and it was a pretty huge crowd too .
Poor Olly and his mic turned way down .
They do put on a good show .

An Open Mind is very good. Have they got an overflowing with killers album up their sleeves, accidentally picked the wrong ones or become concerned about the quality of the next b-sides album (due 2035)?

Reactions: Zu
I thought MEH when I first heard that but it is a bit of a GROWER

Now I DO LIKE THIS

:disco:

I was just listening to this. It sounds very like something musically, I'm thinking an early 2000s disco house number I can't place.

It seems the new album will be rather more varied than the last couple.

An Open Mind is very good. Have they got an overflowing with killers album up their sleeves, accidentally picked the wrong ones or become concerned about the quality of the next b-sides album (due 2035)?

I can’t say that I’ve taken to very much at all from this era and it might well turn out to be the first album I’ve NOT bought of theirs since ‘Elysium’. This one is, however, FANTASTIQUE :disco:

Four stars for the album in Q, and Rent and Left To My Own Devices 'wouldn't sound especially out of place' APPARENTLY

The MUSIC VIDEO is out for all the YOUNGSTERS at Vimeo

Not bad, I think it elevates the song to an 8. They're looking especially GAMMONNY but that's the crux of the +65 yo Northern Englishman. Love Chris's little DANCE :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom