Portugal 2022: Maro - saudade, saudade

The amount of people I.. KNOW, one way or another, that I saw in some periphery of this show. Bless gay Lisbon and gay Portugal <3.

Song's not bad, might grow.

Yeah, this is very breezy (might prove relistenable), but will not get them out of a semi.

It was funny and all but let's be honest, Degra.de was HEINOUS NOISE

More of Pongo when she does what Conan managed and strikes the balance between UNLISTENABLE and LISTENABLE

I don’t know who or what Pongo is / was :D but this is very nice!

‘Not ear splitting’ is usually the sign of a tolerable Portuguese entry, so this is a pleasant surprise

Oh thank fuck, I always think it came about fifth. I've never dared to check because if I catch sight of that top ten I just start vomiting uncontrollably.
Just focus on Stefania and her wonderful array of TENS

But yes, I recall Port doing well with the juries and then having an underwhelming televote (not Destiny face-crack underwhelming, but poor).

They did worse than Destiny on the televotes. She scored 47 with the public, they only got 27.
Oh I know, but that felt far more of a shock than Portugal getting a paltry televote. She was readying herself for 200+ :D

Yeah this has 100% clicked with me now. Gorgeous indeed.

The Eurovision Youtube channel is using the victory reprise as the official video, and the 'a round of applause for this inanimate carbon rod' energy of the second half is sending me. :D

1647343259765.png

Yeah it’s such a lovely moment when everyone comes on stage, and they miss it by spending the last 45 seconds focusing on the trophy!

Between this, Hold Me Closer, and Llámame, this really is the year of the HEARTBREAK BALLAD :disco:

Between this, Hold Me Closer, Brividi, Die Together and De Diepte, I'm ready to declare SAD GIRL SPRING.

Not sure that's what the doctor ordered but THAT'S WHAT WE GOT. :basil:

Last edited:
We love a bit of melancholy (Saudade Saudade); tragedié (Breathe); and oh no, you've never been dumped again (Hold Me Closer)

For myself, I do sometimes like to get out of my chair and have a little dance with the canary but as long as a song makes me FEEL something I don’t mind about the TEMPO :)

At any rate, one CAN dance to absolutely ANYTHING if one puts one’s mind to it :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom