Pre-album ABBA sync?

Iguana

If I only could...
Would any ABBA stans be up for putting together a YouTube playlist sync ahead of the album release? I'd love to be further EDUCATED.

Also are there any good ABBA documentaries on YouTube that come ABBA-stan recommended?

I'd struggle doing a playlist because from Arrival onwards I'd only manage to chop a handful of tracks out.

As for the documentaries, there are so many of them that a lot of them have blended together. There are a lot of pretty bad ones though.

I seem to recall the Super Troupers one from the mid noughties was a good one though, and not only because I lollop in and out of shot briefly. But on a brief search I couldn't see it on YouTube.

@Iguana what are limits of your ABBA musical knowledge?
In brief:
  • I grew up listening to The Album so know that album well and particularly adore Eagle, One Man One Woman and The Name of the Game (I have a penchant for the grander songs)
  • I have recently listened at least once to Arrival, Voulez-Vous, Super Trouper, The Visitors
  • I have also listened to Agnetha's Elva kvinnor i ett hus after @lolly mentioned it last week (and I thought it was great) and a bit of Frida ensam
  • Obvs familiar with the main singles
  • I'm obsessed with the two new songs
original.gif

Ensam and Djupa Andetag are where it's at for solo Frida for me. I wouldn't touch her two 80s albums other than the title track of the first. And with Agnetha I'm not a fan of the 80s albums either particularly, although there are a few more good tracks to select.

Also are there any good ABBA documentaries on YouTube that come ABBA-stan recommended?
I've watched so many of them I find it difficult to recall them individually, but Channel 5 is repeating its Abba Then & Now: In Their Own Words this Saturday at 9.10pm, but from the trailer I've seen, it looks as if it has been updated to include Voyage. They will also be showing Abba The Movie immediately after.

Then next Saturday (13th), BBC 2 are showing Abba at the BBC, The Joy of Abba, Agnetha: Abba and After, and Abba in Switzerland from 8pm.

I've watched so many of them I find it difficult to recall them individually, but Channel 5 is repeating its Abba Then & Now: In Their Own Words this Saturday at 9.10pm, but from the trailer I've seen, it looks as if it has been updated to include Voyage. They will also be showing Abba The Movie immediately after.

Then next Saturday (13th), BBC 2 are showing Abba at the BBC, The Joy of Abba, Agnetha: Abba and After, and Abba in Switzerland from 8pm.
Thank you! I'll put some of these on record!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom