Robin S, Crystal Waters & CeCe Peniston 90s dance medley (BET's Black Girls Rock awards)

straightorbroken

rebel heart

Robin S. must have been howling at Janice Robinson's asthma attack on X-Factor if she still sings like this (iffy start aside). Sadly no hairsprayed to the max weave this time.

Crystal Waters and her vogueing gay nephews auditioning for Pose should be her permanent act (given her staying power, I'm not surprised at her pulling this off). I'm still on a high from her last smash Testify, where she sported stubble Jack Duckworth would have been proud of in the video.

And speaking of emerging from the ashes, CeCe had been posting backstage stuff on social media and I had no idea she had this up her jumpsuit. The former Miss Baltimore and Monica abuser may have closed the set, but without the disco squats as her party peice I found it a bit lacklustre given how overplayed Finally is.

Brandy, Monica and Keri Hilson supply the rather subdued cut-to's. Next year: Martha Wash, a Melanie Thornton hologram and Ultra Nate who never even had a hit over the please.

Robin S shoulder shimmying off the stage as Gypsy Woman kicked in :disco:

Some of that audience though... I even spotted someone with her arms folded.

The problem with "Finally" is it's the version that was the US single mix, no? Our version was a (I think) Steve Silk Hurley remix...

Some of that audience though... I even spotted someone with her arms folded.

these functions tend to really bring the basics to the yard. at least issa rae was trying to get into it.

shame they only managed to dedicate a medley to three of the greatest songs of the 90s.

What a joyous performance.

I'm amazed UK TV hasn't done some low rent 90s dance show.

This is beyond awesome.

Also who is the hot guy next to Brandy (who looks fab too by the way)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom