S14 E07: Daytona Wind

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
:greta:

I was honestly enjoying the episode until the farting started and they lost their shit. IT’S NOT FUNNY IF EVERY OTHER WORD IS A FART…ugh (also I really hate fart/burp humor which is why I could never watch Rick and Morty).

They could have easily sent Deja home, she was terrible but I guess they had an extra week and that lipsync was alright. The Lady Camden reveal was good but also the look was super messy.

Willow was the best for me followed by Jasmine.

The farting was ridiculous but I couldn’t help laughing.

So glad Angeria was saved, I was worried she’d be in the bottom, but was also a bit looking forward to seeing her lip sync.

Jasmine should have been the other winner. I thought Daya was ok but not a winner, especially not with that boring outfit. Her ass looked terrible too.

Living for Bosco giving me the Alaska and Jules (from Euphoria) fantasy every week.

The farting just wasn't funny.

That was a pointless episode in the end. I want my "no one going home" episodes to be a manufactured shock at the end. Why they didn't up the drama with a "You're a winner baby. Now, pick who goes home" I DO NOT KNOW. That would have been GREAT fun! I guess they had a spare episode thanks to Kornbread's removal. I would have put Deja and Angie in the bottom, though Angie's outfit might just have saved her and put Kerri there.

Lady Camden was the deserving winner, though- she was great in the challenge, the runway was fantastic and the lip-sync utterly brilliant. Surprised she's emerged as a frontrunner really. And don't get me started on that moustache Ruveal- that was amazing! Brilliant to bring something new after so long...

Deja And Angeria were the OBVIOUS bottoms, which is a shame because we could've got rid of deadwood Deja this week.

The farts were ok, I mean it's adding to the silliness of the whole thing, but they just overdid them.

The judging this week really was even more nonsense than usual. If six girls were top, of whom two were the ACTUAL tops, and three girls weren't, then surely Deja, Angeria and Kerri were by definition in the bottom? :D

Makes sense though as the show is clearly invested in Angeria and Kerri, and maybe they were worried that Deja (who is clear filler at this point) could send one of them home. Plus as mentioned, they do have the Kornbread week.

Loved Willow's Moira Rose, Betty deserved to be near the top but I'd have swapped those two. I wonder if lip syncing would be difficult for Willow with her condition? I can't see her falling into the bottom so it might not really matter until the end.

Look, NOBODY loves toilet humor more than me, but the farting was just too overused. Still funny, but I thought the girls did a wonderful job as it is.

Camden deserved EVERY bit of that win. She's not just incredibly talented, but she's so good old-fashioned NICE. I love that about her.

Daya was great too. Best runway tbh.

Best lines were Jasmine's "MAXEEWN!" and Willow's robotic "Our invitations must've got lost in the EEE-maaail" :D

Also, I'm done with Kerri at this point. She's got the Charisma, but no Uniqueness, Nerve or any discernible Talent thus far.

Deja, on the other hand, suffers from Jack of All Trades Syndrome. She's proficient at most things, but always ends up overshadowed by everyone else.

Deja Skye is reminding me of Sister Sister from UK season 2, where the fanbase eventually turned on her for many things - one of which was because the judges just seemed to FORGET to eliminate her :D

It felt like the perfect week to politely let her go, as her drag is clearly not on the same level as the rest of the pack.

Daya was really giving Marcy Detroit vibes this week on the runway.

C008874D-D869-4C9A-BAAA-FF692F09FA2B.jpeg

Bless Jorgeous and his aunt sassy shell-suit top.

Not dying over Daya's Marcella Detroit at Folsom runway like the judges, but her entrance as the ugly sister was a winner if not maintained.

The flatulence felt more like a 3am writers in-joke than something for the main show.

I had my doubts about the song, but LC did a gold enough job and was the only winner there.

I enjoyed that episode - for ME, PERSONALLY, I want to feel good when I watch RPDR, so having an episode where they all did well was fine by me, and broke up the season a bit - not like when they used to take a break around the top 5/6 AND not eliminate anyone which felt like it just destroyed the momentum. I mean I could easily have taken a Kerri/Deja lipsync, or a predictable Angeria getting a golden ticket, but it's all good.

I thought the main challenge could've been pretty good by itself, but they over-egged it with the farts. Bosco saying "I should've realised this script didn't make sense" :D clearly they've been watching earlier seasons when it rarely makes sense anyway. I didn't have any issue with the winner, the top 2, the tops or the ... safes though.

And I was in floods during Untucked, I don't know why particularly but the frank conversations about relationships with their family, transitioning and Jasmine's moment really got to me. Jasmine especially, I feel vindicated in thinking she's a fairly lovely person whose youth has sort of gotten her off on the wrong foot.

This really is a great cast - I realised that the mainline US series is definitely still my favourite, aside from when US Allstars turns it out, but I find that relies a bit too much on gimmicks.

1. Lady Camden - She is really endearing and sweet, I was re-watching the Supertease clip this week, and her fake American still sent me. Great runways, beautiful runways, and a great lippy this week.

2. BOSCO! - I still feel she's quite guarded in sharing her feelings, you saw a bit of the mask cracking in Untucked when Jasmine was talking, but undoubtedly warm and supportive. Her runway this week wasn't my favourite, but she is totally different every week, without being obviously try-hard wacky.

3. Jorgeous - I fancy confessionals Jorgeous more than most RPDR drag queens, I'm not really used to that on this show! But a class act, and the runways are sickening - I loved the acting this week, and rising above the Dire Betty crusade.

4. Angeria - Still great, happily safe this week. What happened in that challenge?! Anyway I'm sure she will rise again

5. Willow - The runways are always worth waiting for, the comedy is there, there is a sort of calmness that I wonder will cause her trouble later in the season, but Ru loves her so perhaps not.

6. Jasmine - Yeah they're a bit of a gay stereotype, you can tell they grew up with RPDR, but I feel they're still a contender and have plenty more to show, last week's lip sync certainly showed that.

7. Kerri - Lovely but I'm not especially excited about anything. She's a runway queen and stunning of course, but the acting challenges aren't really going anywhere, the craft challenges too, I can't imagine Snatch Game is going to be one for the ages if she makes it there... and this week's runway was not my cup of tea.

8. Daya Betty - I do sympathise, she's getting THE edit. Even her just looking at someone is inserted very pointedly to imply she's plucked about it. Which she certainly has been, so the Daya-tribes :eyes: have totally swallowed her narrative up. I'm glad she got her moment, but... now what?

9. Deja - Yeah... it's overdue for her to sashay. I don't think I've liked a single runway very much - it's all well and good being a seamstress, but you have to actually make nice things too, right? Don't hate her but, it's time.

Allllll that said, I sort of missed the camp nonsense of the chocolate reveal avec sad trumpet

Really says how strong this cast is when we are already close to running out of queens whose elimination won’t cause an upset.

Of those left, its only Deja, Daya and Jorgeous that i’m honestly not that fussed about. And Ru has made clear with his comments on Jorgeous that she won’t be going anywhere soon.

Current ranking:
1. Lady Camden - honestly very horny for her in a way that confounds me. Starting to shine but sadly not sure Ru sees her as a frontrunner
2. Willow Pill - was concerned that her strong week one debut would be a fluke but she has continued to deliver
3. Angeria - don’t think the series would feel quite the same without her … very talented and endlessly endearing
4. Bosco - a real all-rounder with a proper standout presence
5. Jasmine - has definitely made the transition (no pun intended) from annoying to entertainingly so
6. Kerri - beautiful and a lot of fun in confessionals and in the workroom but not delivering as hard on the challenges as others
7. Jorgeous - not my type of queen but she had moments I enjoyed this week
8. Daya - poor lass getting a terrible edit but honestly I just don’t enjoy the style of drag
9. Deja - the mediocrity really jumping out now that the rest of the cast is to strong. I will be shocked if not next to go.

My guess for top three is Willow, Angeria and Jorgeous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom