Siobhan Donaghy - Ghosts

Ray Of Light mark II?

• Total voters
Ah, I love a good Siobhan thread! Ghost and RIM are both excellent, solid albums and I'm a bit of a loon.

01 Don't Give It Up - 10
02 So You Say - 10
03 There's A Place - 09
04 Sometimes - 08
05 12 Bar Acid Blues - 08
06 Make It Right - 09
07 Coming Up For Air - 08
08 Goldfish - 10
09 Medevac - 09
10 Halcyon Days - 08
11 Ghosts - 10

For those of you that don't know, Siobhan is featured on a new song by Square1 called Styfling - HERE

It's pretty good and they are filming the video soon so I heard.

that song's really old! But interesting they are actually going to release it, did they get picked up by a label or something?

Well that is rather different to the original version! :o
I think I prefer the original though, it was more MOODY and less 90s chav.

Last edited:
This is actually my favourite album of all time. It's perfection from beginning to end.

The ONLY niggle I have with it is that some of the tracks go a bit beyond homage. And I don't think I need to point out WHICH ONES.

I am seriously lovin' Re-Offend. So simple. I presume it was James Sanger's work again? He and siobhan really have something special. It's a shame she isn't working with him on the next album.

I don't recall you liking it QUITE so much, VoR... were you one of the original obsessives with the rest of us?

01 Don't Give It Up - 09
02 So You Say - 10
03 There's A Place - 09
04 Sometimes - 08
05 12 Bar Acid Blues - 07
06 Make It Right - 09
07 Coming Up For Air - 10
08 Goldfish - 10
09 Medevac - 10
10 Halcyon Days - 08
11 Ghosts - 10

'Coming Up For Air' is my favourite on the album by a great deal. It's wonderful.

"If only you could, wrap me up"
"If I only could, make a deal with God"

It's practically the same!

I'm not dissing Shuv but it's true, sorry.

it's not a diss at all, I haven't finished my Top Songs ever countdown, but "Running Up the Hill" is absolutely incredible, but i don't think they're similar at all

Anyway, it's a bloody brilliant album. I was a bit sceptical at first, and preferred Revolution in Me. But after months of gestation it has of course emerged as the better album of the two; it's probably in my all time top 100 albums or something. I've played the hell out of it.

Well that is rather different to the original version! :o
I think I prefer the original though, it was more MOODY and less 90s chav.

That's one of the remixes, I think they're still releasing the original version. There are 4 or 5 mixes of the track on his MySpace.

Coming Up For Air is the Johnny Rockstar track, right?

Indeed it is. It was produced by Marius de Vries though.

Unsuprisingly I love Ghosts. It's such a complete and interesting album. I wish there were more tracks like Medevac, Coming Up For Air and Ghosts, but as a piece of work it's just stunning.

I miss some of the edgier sounds from the Revolution In Me days, namely XY, Suasex and As You Like It, but I like how each album is different. And from what she's said, the 3rd album will be quite different too.

Last edited:
Have u heard off her lately Suasexed? Whats the latest? Last i heard she was America.

Guess I answered my own question...and i am GUTTED.

What are your plans for 2009? Will you be releasing some new music this year?
At this point in time I have no further plans to undertake another record of my own. Ultimately, the true nature of the business side of the music industry is enough to keep me away. Nonetheless, if I find myself in the future bursting with ideas and experiences I feel the need to share through music, I will be back.

Gutting isn't it. :(

I did hear from her just before Christmas and she said she is working on some new tracks, it was just going really slow.

I wonder what made her have a change of heart?

I hope she sticks it out and maybe teams up with someone to form a full on fabulous attack on British pop music.

Oh I wish she'd just resign to the fact she isn't going to be big and change into a touring act. Much like Sia.
It really is GUTTING to hear she won't be making another album any time soon :(

They're not all 192 i'm afraid, but you'll be lucky if you can find them!

At last, Siobhan has spoken...very honest she is too.

I'm sorry that this is the first thing anyone has heard from me in a while. I've been on the forum and the general consensus seems to be that I'm feeling down, but I'm feeling good. I'm feeling in control.

I think it would be an impossibilty for me never to make a record again. I just couldn't do that, but to say to the fans that I am actively working on a new album when I am not would be unfair.

One thing everyone has to realize is that being an underground leftfield artist used to pay the bills but in this age of the music industry, it is impossible. I'm not a kid anymore. I'm looking over the next few years to getting a house and having a family of my own. I need to pay the bills. It feels totally literating not to be beating down a record company door which another amazing album that they just yawn at. I get the feeling that we wouldn't have had the great music from the past if record company folk were such lazy idiots as they are so clearly now!

It's also an age for big brother, x factor, dancing on ice. You get my drift! I'm fighting a losing battle. People want scandal and addiction. They want a record thrown together in 2 weeks by 12 writers! I feel I need this to blow over. To see what the industry does next as ultimately the artists hold the power and good music will win through. The last thing I want to do now is write my best work for it to go underground!

I hope you understand and can go some way to explaining to the fans that i'm doing my best with bad situation and also that they ARE and have been the BEST part of my experience. Also, I'm not and never could be a celebrity. I'm just a regular girl finding my way and making mistakes.

I'm writing with some of my old crew on their projects just for fun at the moment.

Most importantly, as soon as I figure out what the next album is... I will make it. Ghosts took me 3 years to figure out the direction!

Sending lots and lots of love

Siobhan x

She is just TOO NEEDY. She is never going to be big. Get over it already and do what most do. Tour.

I bet a nice small tour would do quite well for her.

I get the impression she wants exactly the same as Annie, i.e. 'sick of never being recognized by the masses' and she never will be, surely she must know that by now? She describes herself as an 'underground leftfield artist', how many of them have a Number One album? None, Siobhan.

I really do sympathize with her though.

An underground leftfield artist who doesn't want to be underground.
SORRY LOVE IT AINT HAPPENING!

What exactly IS leftfield? I wouldn't call her LEFTFIELD in my opinion. Ghosts was a cracking POP album - surely there is nothing leftfield about it?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom