Siobhan Donaghy - Ghosts

Ray Of Light mark II?

• Total voters
What exactly IS leftfield? I wouldn't call her LEFTFIELD in my opinion. Ghosts was a cracking POP album - surely there is nothing leftfield about it?!

It wasn't a chart album though. There was nothing on it that had any relevance to the pop scene of 2007. I don't mean that as an insult, btw.

I've been having a spontaneous revival of this album in the past few days that seems to come out of thin air, "So You Say" really is one of the most gorgeous and classiest pieces of pop music in the last decade, love it.

1. Don't Give It Up - 10
2. So You Say - 11
3. There's A Place - 08
4. Sometimes - 10
5. 12 Bar Acid Blues - 08
6. Make It Right - 07
7. Coming Up For Air - 08
8. Goldfish - 09
9. Medevac - 10
10. Halcyon Days - 08
11. Ghosts - 10

i haven't played this in ages... still

09 Don't Give It Up
08 So You Say
10 There's A Place
09 Sometimes
07 12 Bar Acid Blues
07 Make It Right
09 Coming Up For Air
10 Goldfish
08 Medevac
07 Halcyon Days
08 Ghosts

great album, i still prefer RIM mind

It was a good project though I like the Carl Craig remix of "don't give up" and the b-side "don't take me back" the best.

I don't think I've rated an album here yet. How exciting. Good one to start with.

09 Don't Give It Up
07 So You Say
08 There's A Place
06 Sometimes
07 12 Bar Acid Blues
06 Make It Right
08 Coming Up For Air
08 Goldfish
10 Medevac
08 Halcyon Days
09 Ghosts

still my second favourite album EVER

I think

Same!

Excuse this rating. But it really IS that good:

08 Don't Give It Up
10 So You Say
10 There's A Place
10 Sometimes
08 12 Bar Acid Blues
07 Make It Right
09 Coming Up For Air
11 Goldfish
10 Medevac
09 Halcyon Days
09 Ghosts

11 Don't Take Me Back

i'm glad the general consensus seems to be make it right is the weakest link

It was a good project though I like the Carl Craig remix of "don't give up" and the b-side "don't take me back" the best.

omg, can you help with the craig mix? never even heard of it

i'm glad the general consensus seems to be make it right is the weakest link

omg, can you help with the craig mix? never even heard of it

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sM2eDTgT-cA&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sM2eDTgT-cA&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Contains traces of Siobhan

It's bizarre that legendary Carl Craig remixed Siobhan - I guess he must have liked the song.

carl.jpg

10 Don't Give It Up
11 So You Say
09 There's A Place
10 Sometimes
07 12 Bar Acid Blues
08 Make It Right
10 Coming Up For Air
08 Goldfish
09 Medevac
08 Halcyon Days
10 Ghosts

That is quite generous, but it's totally worth it, amazing album.

i need to rate this sometime soon, i've been listening to it quite a bit lately after being non-pulsed by it for the first three years.

Last edited:
God, I LOVE this album.

09 Don't Give It Up
09 So You Say
09 There's A Place
09 Sometimes
08 12 Bar Acid Blues
08 Make It Right
09 Coming Up For Air
09 Goldfish
09 Medevac
09 Halcyon Days
09 Ghosts

I put this in the other thread about her, but have we all heard this BEAUTIFUL song from her and Cirkus from earlier this year?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ne9ZJ2OwluU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ne9ZJ2OwluU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

While i'm here:

10 Don't Give It Up
11 So You Say
10 There's A Place
09 Sometimes
09 12 Bar Acid Blues
09 Make It Right
10 Coming Up For Air
10 Goldfish
09 Medevac
07 Halcyon Days
10 Ghosts

09 Don't Give It Up
10 So You Say
09 There's A Place
09 Sometimes
06 12 Bar Acid Blues
08 Make It Right
10 Coming Up For Air
10 Goldfish
10 Medevac
09 Halcyon Days
09 Ghosts

If there was ever a time to bring out a Jark '11/10' rate, it'd be for this.

Phenomenal.

I googled Siobhan and found this thread, so I had to register immediately ha ha. :D

My rating:
1. Don't Give It Up 09
2. So You Say 10
3. There's A Place 08
4. Sometimes 09
5. 12 Bar Acid Blues 09
6. Make It Right 10
7. Coming Up For Air 10
8. Goldfish 10
9. Medevac 10
10. Halcyon Days 09
11. Ghosts 10

Givin' In 11
Don't Take Me Back 11
Man On A Mission 08
Re-Offend 09
Crime Of Passion 11

As you can see, clearly my favorites are Givin' In, Don't Take Me Back and Crime Of Passion. I have no idea why didn't any of them make the album. :(

By the way if anybody could help me out with Re-Offend in good mp3 quality (at least 192kbps), cuz that's the only track that I can't find anywhere... :( I would be really grateful.

I googled Siobhan and found this thread, so I had to register immediately ha ha. :D

My rating:
1. Don't Give It Up 09
2. So You Say 10
3. There's A Place 08
4. Sometimes 09
5. 12 Bar Acid Blues 09
6. Make It Right 10
7. Coming Up For Air 10
8. Goldfish 10
9. Medevac 10
10. Halcyon Days 09
11. Ghosts 10

Givin' In 11
Don't Take Me Back 11
Man On A Mission 08
Re-Offend 09
Crime Of Passion 11

As you can see, clearly my favorites are Givin' In, Don't Take Me Back and Crime Of Passion. I have no idea why didn't any of them make the album. :(

By the way if anybody could help me out with Re-Offend in good mp3 quality (at least 192kbps), cuz that's the only track that I can't find anywhere... :( I would be really grateful.

In general Aaliyah is my all-time favorite, and then Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, Siobhan of course :), Katie Melua, Ellie Goulding, Kelly Clarkson, Lady GaGa, Beyoncé... etc etc. I also really love the Backstreet Boys, Madonna's older songs, Kate Bush etc. Any good pop / alternative pop / electropop does it, but as you can see I prefer female voices. I'm always open to new stuff.
Besides I'm really into country music, so I'm in love with Lady Antebellum, Gloriana, The Band Perry, Dixie Chicks, LeAnn Rimes, Faith Hill etc. :)

I didn't really care for Eurovision, though I'm from Hungary... :D But I kinda knew that we wouldn't have a chance...

Last edited:
Sounds like you'll fit right in jRegi.

Are you still living in Hungary? I have LOTS of questions about Wolf Kati :D

This absolute masterpiece is 10 years old today

(NOT NOW SHEENA)

This album was quite good but "Revolution in Me" is one of my favorite pop albums ever and this either couldn't live up to the EMOTIONAL CONNECTION I have with RIM or just wasn't as good.

I always thought Revolution in Me was pretty dull, but I love Ghosts. It's so annoying that she made a damn near perfect album and then buggered off to be a receptionist or something.

I'm due a bi-annual spin in an attempt to see what the fuss is about. It's not even like I dislike the girl.

I did retry with OK Computer a couple of weeks back and still NOTHING...

I did retry with OK Computer a couple of weeks back and still NOTHING...
:D

I have a similar thing where I keep going back to Kesha's "Warrior" from time to time even though I dislike her voice and her "rapping" and my verdict on the album never changes. How do I end this loop of hell?:( I think I know: NEED to remember that not everything that has Max Martin's name on it is gold.

:D

I have a similar thing where I keep going back to Kesha's "Warrior" from time to time even though I dislike her voice and her "rapping" and my verdict on the album never changes. How do I end this loop of hell?:( I think I know: NEED to remember that not everything that has Max Martin's name on it is gold.

Warrior was a pretty shitty album though. Animal and the re-release were peak K€$£a.

What would they add to a box set? Yet more songs that JUST WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH?

I'm thinking about 6 CDs/2 DVDs, acoustic sessions, new remixes, footage from the anniversary arena tour, demos unearthed from Siobhan's groundbreaking studio sessions, a tribute to the album from the stars of today, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom