Sneaker Pimps - "6 Underground"

Overground, watch this space, I'm open to falling from grace...

• Total voters

Not only a top 10 hit in the UK, but also a surprise hit in the US along with the equally catchy "Spin Spin Sugar". A signature song of the thriving trip-hop movement of the mid to late '90s, and it still holds up well as perfect background music to listen to late at night. :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
thought it then and i still think it's a 10/10 moment
even bought the album

the armand van helden mix of spin spin sugar was huge on my charts too

and now i have to put on my inferno high love

I bought it on a whim, as a young man with a pound his pocket, and it was probably one of my top 3 played singles when I was a kid.

Brilliant tune, still sounds great.

probably the best trip-hop track ever recorded (outside of Massive Attack, who pretty much own the genre for me)

I do prefer Spin Spin Sugar and its pre-Mutya video, but her voice is so surly and perfect. Her solo song The Infinite Stars is gorgeous, but I haven't heard her more recent stuff. Why did they sack her? They really needed her.

Love the song, but don't like her voice much. Had Beth Gibbons been the vocalist I'm sure I'd enjoy it a lot more.

I never knew this was a HIT, good on the mid-90's music buying public. I don't believe I know anything else by them but I do love this.

It’s probably too obscure to merit its own thread, but I’ve recently rediscovered Kelli Ali’s first solo album, which is really wonderful on balmy summer afternoons like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom