SOPHIE - BIPP (Autechre Remix)

WiDGe->

44f

They actually sound completely normal and restrained here.

Can't see it dislodging their remix of Anodyne in my own internal ranking system, or many of the tracks off SIGN from last year.

I mean, this is one hell of an intersection of my interests. It even surpasses Nurse With Wound remixing Stereolab if only because I hadn't heard of NWW until they remixed Stereolab and my head went "that's an amazing name of a band, who are these people?"

It's wonderful - I've been listening to it on the good headphones all morning.

I mean, this is one hell of an intersection of my interests. It even surpasses Nurse With Wound remixing Stereolab if only because I hadn't heard of NWW until they remixed Stereolab and my head went "that's an amazing name of a band, who are these people?"

Mis-read that as poor SERTAB!

Last edited:
That is the absolute tits. A long time since I've heard Ae get as lowdown and dirty as that. Showing their b-boy colours. Absolutely superb.

Have we seen this from the press release? :D

"In 2015 when potential remixes of BIPP were first floated the unequivocal response from SOPHIE was “No remixes..” a long pause followed “..unless it’s Autechre”. We asked, and five years later an email from Autechre arrived “sorry this is so late, hope it's still of some use”. (:D) An Autechre live show recording from a Numbers show in 2005 had first inspired SOPHIE to source the equipment used to craft new music including BIPP, LEMONADE & more. The BIPP Autechre mx is 3 minutes 33 seconds long, stripped back and loose. Sounding like Autechre paying tribute to some serious late 80’s influences. The duo's interpretation channels an imagined transition point between NY electro and UK street soul, that pitched down SOPHIE vocal reconfigured into a wanna-be Latin Freestyle Natasha King, jiving over a deep slice of TR-606 funk technology.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom