Star Trek: Picard

For those who listen to it, is the latest episode of InvestiGates really the last episode of the season?

Bbc Uk GIF

What do we think of this? Obviously not an announcement or anything, but some movement on a Picard movie. I loved the last season of the show, but is there much else for the character to do now? He's died and been resurrected, undone Data's death, reconnected with the son he never knew AND finally destroyed his greatest enemy. Even Q has moved on from him!

Currently thinking this (if it happens) will be a Paramount+ 'movie event' like the Michelle Yeoh Section 31 thing, rather than a full-on theatrically released movie. There can't be the budget for the latter, surely?

And not to be that person, but Patrick is 84 now and I know he was purposely playing it frailer than he really is in the show (particularly in season one) but by the time this potential film gets off the ground he could be pushing ninety...

Just put him to BED or a give us a TV movie of First Contact II with Seven leading with Picard and friends in a backing role.

• Love
Reactions: COB
I'm really not a fan (of the idea of) another film. For one it means practically all the other characters would be side-lined (again!).

I would have much preferred a Legacy series, with call-backs to various TNG cast members. Shame it looks like that isn't going to happen.

I stand by my assertion that Picard Seasons 1 & 2 did a lot of damage, particularly to the Borg and I would agree that his character is pretty much creatively exhausted now (so too Data). Those seasons were practically extended Picard features anyway.

I'm still very keen on seeing the rest of the TNG cast though.

Last edited:
Oh geez no let Picard finally rest! Have they never heard of ending something while leaving people wanting more, rather than dragging them on like the Simpsons?

Not sure the frailty was put on, I remember seeing him on "have I got news" a while before the Picard series and his voice was laboured and croaky even then. I'd love him to stick around in the world longer than Twatner at least, but i dunno...

Bringing back Avery Brooks, well now you're talking. If only...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom