Steps 'Last Dance' Updated

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this is only for streaming/ downloads. Anyway it's full of remixes including 'I Know Him So Well' Almighty Mix :disco:. I think there are some previously unreleased tracks too.

Steps Gold has also been updated, but that's just with karaoke versions.

All those mixes that SHOULD have been on the CD
Oh I know. All those WIP remixes that really weren't all that, when we could have had Almighty.

Their Dancing Queen which I'm really quite fond of STILL not available.

Just Like The First Time gets its rightful place right at the top of the track listing! And the proper versions too. The WIP remixes were mostly shite!

Yeah it was a B-side. I think it was to Chain Reaction? If I recall Steve Anderson was involved with H & Claire. I guess this was the precursor to the split.

I don't see unreleased SONGS. Probably mixes, but not SONGS.

I hope this is the start of a Steps reissue campaign. All of the albums on expanded vinyl/CDs would be a treat- there's an absolute GLUT of material, even before you get to the potential of any unreleased stuff :disco:

I hope this is the start of a Steps reissue campaign. All of the albums on expanded vinyl/CDs would be a treat- there's an absolute GLUT of material, even before you get to the potential of any unreleased stuff :disco:
Oh don't. One can ONLY DREAM.

Although it would make sense to fill the gap between now and the inevitable next album.

Oh don't. One can ONLY DREAM.

Although it would make sense to fill the gap between now and the inevitable next album.

Well, if they are even involved.

Besides, the new album is pretty much due ANY DAY. I think it's due in Quarter 2.

ALBUM 6 | What we know so far....

TITLE | TBC
RELEASE | Expected Q2 2020
RECORDED | Summer 2019
LEAD SINGLE | Title TBC, Expected March 2020
PRODUCERS | Neil Treppas, TBC
TRACKS | One Touch, TBC

Steps met 14th May 2019 to lockdown tracks & discuss album

Same timeframe as TOTD (meaning it's potentially an 18 month campaign) - Faye

‍ It's going to be in the same genre as our last album because we're very proud of that one" - Faye, The Sun, 7th June

‍ “Things are bubbling along nicely" - Faye, Build LDN, 26th Sep

‍”We’re unapologetically doing pop songs” - Faye, Build LDN, 26th Sep

Kim & Ricky Wilde pitched tracks, which were rejected - Ricky Wilde, Twitter, 6th Aug

‍ Faye is very excited about the potential lead single

1st, as yet untitled, single from the album has been completed- Ultimate Steps source

♂️A very busy year ahead" - Lee, Instagram comment, 27th Sep

♀️This album will move things on musically but it will still feels like a Steps album. It’ll still have that core people know. But we’re in 2019 so we’ve got to keep up to a certain degree.” - Claire, Daily Star, 28th Sep

‍Faye teased that "we might have something to tell you" once Dancing On Ice is finished - Faye, BBC Radio Leeds 10th Jan

An old 'friend' may be involved (not Pete Waterman) - Ultimate Steps source

’One Touch’ - song title confirmed by vocal producer Neil Treppas via his website (screen shot in comments)

♂️ “We’ve got an exciting year ahead” - H, Lorraine 24th Jan

Arena tour Nov/Dec 2020 - Ultimate Steps Source

Are you excited for what the future holds in 2020.....?

I am VERY MUCH enjoying this LAST DANCE REVIVAL. I'd forgotten quite how much I loved some of this FORGOTTEN SHIT :disco:

:disco: to all this.

Oh they should at least bung this out on CD, though album reissues would be preferable. The mixes seem to be mainly the same as those on the Stomp All Night anthology but there are a few alternates and edits, plus the b-sides obviously (is that all of them?).

Good to get it expanded - I see they've expanded Gold as well on streaming/download to include You'll Be Sorry, I know Him so Well and Merry Xmas Everybody.

Having a radio version of the Almighty Here & Now mix is a treat :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom