Steps - Platinum KNOCKOUT - Round 1

VOTE FOR YOUR TEN LEAST FAVOURITES

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
As threatened the Steps Platinum Knockout is here.

Following the trauma of the Steps Covers Poll, I felt this was safer ground.

Let's get this filth started, first round you can vote out up to 10 of your least favorites of the 40 available. Sadly Little Donkey did not make it through the qualifiers.

49FiT8J.jpg

I've voted for the ones that I can't immediately get into my head, because clearly they're not memorable enough to survive.

The original for those unaware, complete with the lyric about "fathers raping their daughters", which really was a curveball in what was really quite a cute dance track.

E
I must say I normally skip 5,6,7,8 but it is quite fun live.

It doesn’t fit with their live show at all anymore- it’s surely only kept in to give Lee a chance…

I've gone for the filler new tracks (Dancing With A Broken Heart, No More Tears On The Dancefloor, Take Me For A Ride, A Hundred Years Of Winter), the weakest of the ballads (Words Are Not Enough, When I Said Goodbye), the watered-down version of Stomp which isn't one of my faves in the first place (Baby Don't Dance) and the basic as hell 5,6,7,8.

Almost got rid of Tragedy for the same reason as the latter, but I guess it gets a bye for now for being "iconic" etc.

I seem to be alone in quite enjoying their version of I Know Him So Well. Replaces the 80s excesses with 90s excesses, and has three-part harmonies instead of two. It works in my book!

Tragedy is probably in my next batch. I have no interest in hearing it ever again.

I also wish they’d stop finishing their gigs with it. At Hoopla I just left as it started to miss the crowds.

What a sick and perverted vote for You'll Be Sorry.

@Silly Moo to apologise on bonus hidden track.
I've never been keen, H having a dominant vocal does it no favours. Also it was a single and took the spot that should have gone to Paradise Lost.

I've never been keen, H having a dominant vocal does it no favours. Also it was a single and took the spot that should have gone to Paradise Lost.
Not to mention the best bit of the song being cut out of the single edit completely.

I seem to be alone in quite enjoying their version of I Know Him So Well. Replaces the 80s excesses with 90s excesses, and has three-part harmonies instead of two. It works in my book!
Yeah, I like it. There’s something perversely entertaining about Lisa Scott-Lee thinking she’s a suitable replacement for Barbara Dickson.

HANG ON what’s with all the votes for Just Like The First Time?!

Was Happy a single? It's one of my favourite ever Steps songs but I'm surprised to see it in this lineup (and sad to see it rapidly leaving again)

Oh of course it's the Platinum tracklist. A welcome addition to the lineup in that case!

Love U More should have been released instead of Better Best Forgotten. I mean not that it mattered one jot at that point but it's probably the 3rd/4th best song on Step One

And yes H might stand for Hateful but Hundred Years of Winter is EXQUISITE and I can only assume it's being voted for because of him or not knowing it at all

Paradise Lost? Truly top tier Steps surely?!

I didn't vote for Stomp but it always grated how it was one of their few #1s when they had that back catalogue.

I changed my vote to include Stomp because I thought it would be fruitless initially so I'm glad to see a small united shunning of that one. But then I also changed it to include Better Best Forgotten and Better The Devil You Know

Heartbreak In This City is also a bit crap really

12 votes for Happy?
Are you DEAF or just EVIL ?

• Love
Reactions: D5K
Some of the choices for round 1 eliminations, I mean it can’t be tactical because some songs have 26 songs but LORD, some of you don’t have love in your hearts

Only five songs don't have a vote. There's clearly some solid favourites and beyond that a lot of division:disco:

Not surprised about the ones on zero at the moment but I am GOOPED and POOPED about votes for WTFH :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom