Steps - Something In Your Eyes

WILL IT BE NOW AND FOREVER?

• Total voters
Obviously OH MY FUCKING GOD

But is there a reason they refuse to release on a Friday? I know they won't chart or anything, but splitting the tracking week certainly means they won't even come close to anything.

Sounds like they haven’t deviated from the original so YAY

Last edited:
Reactions: Zu
artwork.jpg

Reactions: SDF
Seriously this feels like such a moment

Obviously OH MY FUCKING GOD

But is there a reason they refuse to release on a Friday? I know they won't chart or anything, but splitting the tracking week certainly means they won't even come close to anything.

I mean really there’s no difference in any practical sense between charting at #57 and #144, so they may as well get that number one on iTunes as at least there are still some people who think that means something.

Reactions: dUb
Just release on a Friday though :eyes:

The art direction is on point this era.

What The Future Holds did not leave me with a permanently torn buss, so I am waiting to be see if this will gag me or not. I hope so.

Do I seek out the original or let everything snatchable be ripped right off me by tomorrow's premiere..

The only thing more exciting about the clip is Lisa winning the fierce tournament of rock, paper, scissors to be in the middle :disco:

Poised and ready.

Fingers crossed they've gone old school with the vocal distribution for this and have Claire and Faye; there just aren't the lines to go around. An iconic 'there's NO ESCAPE'-esque spoken line can be added for LSL and the boys aren't needed for this.

The HOT SNIPPET is giving me a hint of a disco gallop not so noticeable in Jenny's version. Kind of in a Lay Your Love On Me direction.

Poised and ready.

Fingers crossed they've gone old school with the vocal distribution for this and have Claire and Faye; there just aren't the lines to go around. An iconic 'there's NO ESCAPE'-esque spoken line can be added for LSL and the boys aren't needed for this.

this feels like the only thing that could go wrong :(

Last edited:
Poised and ready.

It’s all I’d ever want from this. H and Lee can be backing vocalists for Dame LSL’s mumbled “Miracle” / “You Came To Me” spoken word ad-libs. I hope they’ve gone for a carbon copy of Jenny’s Dance Routine.

Now cover all the other English songs that DIDN’T qualify from Andra Chansen 2011. :disco:

loving the pink on pink, but what is going on here? :D some very different interpretations of posing

Faye went for STUNNING
Claire and LSL look great but are fighting over the same I’m a little teapot
H took posing to mean “pantomime poster”
Lee just thought of a shop mannequin

mind you if that doesn’t sum each member up... :D

I hope it's more CLUB JUNKIES remix than a carbon copy of the original.

If they're going down the path of raiding Melodifestivalen participants' back cats, I'd love a cover of Friends' "When the Music is Gone" to appear on next year's inevitable deluxe edition of WTFH, or perhaps LILI & SUSIE's "Show me Heaven". :disco:

I'm currently experiencing a distressing "hang up" that this is being released prematurely which is purely based on the lyric "A rainy cold November night, you came to me".

I also realise that I should be posting in Late Night Drunk Moopy, but GOSH, imagine if Steps covered Dame Nicolette French's STOP BEFORE YOU GET ME STARTED.

I thought ONLY YESTERDAY how Show Me Heaven was screaming out for a Steps version. You can imagine Clare ripping the shit out of “here we are, here we stand, you and I”.

I think the midweek release strategy is quite smart. In terms of creating a social media buzz, or standing out amongst a permanently buzzing social media, they're far more likely to get all the gays sharing the song by releasing it today on a Tuesday, than they would have had if they'd released on Friday along with Ariana, Little Mix and Kylie. They'd have been drowned out last weekend. The floor is theirs this morning.

We have to wait through a bloody traffic report?!

To be honest I'd rather they'd played the Jenny Silver version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom