Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well WHY NOT seeing as ABBA-mania is once again SWEEPING the nation into a frenzy :disco:

This song is probably the closest we had to an proper ABBA-adjacent release in the years since disbandment, and I’ve gone for the Steps version for ACCESSIBILITY - but what do we think of STORY OF A HEART. A song available in several different recordings, remixes and versions.

STEPS -

BENNY ANDERSSON ORCHESTRA:

It was QUITE the coup (and news story) for Steps at the time (various spins on ABBA write song for Steps etc) but is it popular with their fan base? I’ve barely heard it referenced since release, but I may be out of that particular LOOP!

Last edited:
Personally I prefer the BAO version, but never EVER listen to it.

I actually find the Steps version quite PLODDING and frankly a bit LABORIOUS to listen to :D

Last edited:
BAO. I'll take the English over the Swedish version, though, as much as I know that will make some SPIT.

I don't remember the 'Abba wrote a song for us!' for this being QUITE as LUDICROUS as when H & Claire tried it with 'Another You, Another Me', though.

Actually one of my favourite Steps songs, but it doesn’t seem well loved.

I prefer the dance version they tagged on the end, but then I’ve never really been a fan of a Steps ballad.

The BAO version feels the superior one, but I haven't gone back to it a great deal since the Steps cover (of which Faye's 'resting a while on the oars' second verse is the obvious highlight). I'd probably go 7th Heaven over the main Steps version too.

The 7th Heaven Steps version is an absolute blinder. Their standard version is lovely and fine but it’s a bit, I don’t know, perhaps twee for me to like it as much as some of the surrounding singles.

THIS is the definitive version and anyone who disagrees will have their wig pulled off in public while I video it for publication on MySpace or similarly modern social media platform

Yes, one of the "Sommaren Du Fick" purists here. Guilty as charged.

Steps' version ain't bad but just felt a little nothing-y at the end of the day. Especially coming after "Scared Of The Dark".

ABBA actually wrote this song for me as Story of a Tart. I’m really not okay with these Charlotte-Anns going around saying it was written for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom