Steps - The Slightest Touch (Five Star cover) OUT NOW

*Going Live phone-in reference*

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
This seems to be the next single/instant grat track to be UNLEASHED from the new album next week

A rash 10 based on its being a cover of a lovely song by ROMFORD'S FINEST :disco:

OOH

LSL has her name down for the raving maniac line, or should she get the spoken bit?

Impromptu FIVE STAR RATE

1. The Slightest Touch
2. Let Me Be Yours
3. Can't Wait Another Minute
4. Godsend
5. Rain Or Shine

:disco::disco::disco:

Impromptu FIVE STAR RATE

1. The Slightest Touch
2. Let Me Be Yours
3. Can't Wait Another Minute
4. Godsend
5. Rain Or Shine

:disco::disco::disco:

1. The Slightest Touch
2. Rain or Shine
3. Another Weekend
4. Can’t Wait Another Minute
5. System Addict

Reactions: Zu
I don't know any of their songs

Maybe they just weren't big in IRL

A few years ago I ordered the Five Star Gold compilation and got it delivered to work, and not even the large British contingent had any idea who they were

Mind you they were all about twelve

• Haha
I don't know any of their songs

Maybe they just weren't big in IRL
NINE top 10 hits in Ireland thank you very much :disco:

Although this was about a hundred years ago which might account for the lack of knowledge

1. The Slightest Touch
2. Rain or Shine
3. Another Weekend
4. Can’t Wait Another Minute
5. System Addict

1. The Slightest Touch (Pettibone 7” Version)
2. Let Me Be The One
3. Stay Out Of My Life
4. If I Say Yes
5. Whenever You’re Ready
6. System Addict
7. Another Weekend
8. Can’t Wait Another Minute
9. All Fall Down
10. Rain Or Shine

MORE FIVE STAR CHAT PLEASE. Natural Look wigs preferred :disco:

MV5BOTJjMTc5ZTgtZDkyMC00NjhiLWIwZmMtMTEzZjY2NDhkZjFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUyODMyMw@@._V1_SY264_CR95,0,178,264_AL_.jpg

The Slightest Touch is very much their Deeper Shade Of Blue

I'll always go for The Slightest Touch and Find The Time as my favourite two.

Perhaps Steps could do an Erasure Abbaesque and call it Five Starrish :o

• Haha
Luxury of Life is such a good album from start to finish. Silk and Steel was the big seller, but it’s a bit more polished whereas LoL was just a bit funkier. Let Me Be The One really should have been a US R&B #1 for three years. It did get as high as #2- the biggest splash they made in the US really.

There was Real Music outrage when they (Five Star) won the Brit Award for Best Group.

There’s no need for this version when the Pettibone hit version remix exists but hopefully it’ll give Five Star a little attention.

Last edited:
1 All Fall Down
2 Let Me Be The One
3 Find The Time
4 The Slightest Touch
5 System Addict
6 Whenever You’re Ready
7 RSVP
8 Rock My World
9 Rain Or Shine
10 Can’t Wait Another Minute

Oh Steps, leave the greatest song ever recorded alone and just cover Shirley Clamp’s “Mr Memory” instead. Claire will be in her bellowing element and the whispered “History” part is perfect for Lisa Scott-Lee (with a vocal range of minus three).

I was compiling a The Star playlist for my very with-it iPod recently and had forgotten just how great their largely ignored glossy US makeover complete with Janft seductive spoken parts was.

In that it should have happened two decades before it actually did?
I’m not sure what came as the bigger shock, Sinitta admitting that she was over 39 or discovering that she wore a wig/weave. I always assumed she had lovely hair. Then I saw Taylor Dayne and others including Mariah allegedly do the same. I feel betrayed.

• Haha
1. Let me be the one
2. Love take over
3. Rain or shine
4. The slightest touch
5. Stay out of my life
6. System addict
7. All fall down
8. There's a brand new world
9. Find the time
10. Can't wait another minute

I’m not sure what came as the bigger shock, Sinitta admitting that she was over 39 or discovering that she wore a wig/weave. I always assumed she had lovely hair. Then I saw Taylor Dayne and others including Mariah allegedly do the same. I feel betrayed.
:D I have to say that I ALWAYS assumed that my favourite top pop starlets including Sinitta were presenting their hits in TV settings with REAL hair. I felt similarly sickened when I discovered that it was all LIES AND WIGS

I found myself typing that and wondering what on earth the original topic was :tongueout:

Of course we all know that Mariah is famously as bald as an egg so discovering that that’s all horse tails was NOT a surprise

I’m intrigued. Initially I thought ‘oh but Louise has already done that’, but then I remembered that was twenty years ago, an album track and it’s, well, Louise :D

Hopefully they go all out on it :disco:

Oh wow - quite a good choice,

I bloody loved Lou-Lou's version :disco:

Being released along with five remixes of Take Me For A Ride. I’m hopefully one of these will give that a bit of oomph :disco:

Thought I’d get a midnight treat here but I’ve kept my Spotify on UK so I think I’ll have to wait until 11am tomorrow. Boo.

How has it managed to score a 10 already when we've only heard 3 words of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom