Steps - The Slightest Touch (Five Star cover) OUT NOW

*Going Live phone-in reference*

• Total voters
Last.fm tells me I've played original The Slightest Touch 12 times, so I'm not especially attached to the original.

The synth flurry is the TITS.

BRAVA STEPS

We're so not getting a proper video, are we? :(

It’s an odd one. Take Me For A Ride is on the radio 2 playlist and all the remixes on the EP, but this feels more than just an album grat track based on the current promotion on the social media etc. I’d nearly think we’d get a video for this rather than the former. Maybe they’re pushing two at once?

Six plays in and I'm going for 10/10. It isn't as good as the original, it never will be, but it's revealed its true joys and I'm ready to snort poppers and dance to it on a pole in a nightclub, but fifteen years ago, because I haven't been to a nightclub in about FOUR THOUSAND YEARS.

It’s an odd one. Take Me For A Ride is on the radio 2 playlist and all the remixes on the EP, but this feels more than just an album grat track based on the current promotion on the social media etc. I’d nearly think we’d get a video for this rather than the former. Maybe they’re pushing two at once?

It does feel odd because holding back the title and the way they've been trailering it feels very like a "big moment" rather than "Take Me For A Ride", which kinda just FARTED out.

It's everything I needed it to be and more (and less) :disco:

It has to be said, loves, this has turned me into a RAVING MANIAC :disco:

I agree with Sheena entirely that the vocals come in far too soon though (oh for an old fashioned style extended mix :disco:), and I could really do without the 'So Heavy' being so prominent after the first chorus.

Still knicker wettingly amazing though.

Yeah Lee is the following line before Queen Faye (sounding odd but fabulous) I think?

I'll tell you what though, listening to Take Me For A Ride straight after it does that track no favours at all.

I don't know the original and don't care to, but this fucking slaps.

this and To the Best of My Heart back-to-back 😽 *chef's kiss*

Steps to invite Five Star to tour with them as special guests please. I’m sure Denise and Lorraine can get on again if the money’s decent.

Seriously though, I’m not that fussed on Steps generally but they have done a good job here I’ll admit. I do think though that whilst vocal sharing is all very nice and all, that this song should be led much more by their strongest vocalist.

Slightest Touch rate:

Five Star 13/10
Steps 8/10
Louise 3/10

also I absolutely cannot at the theatrics over Lee and H getting one line apiece (their verse is actually good!) and then the sheer nerve of complaining about others being hysterical over vocal distribution :D :D :D

bitch, s'il vous plaît!!!

also I absolutely cannot at the theatrics over Lee and H getting one line apiece (their verse is actually good!) and then the sheer nerve of complaining about others being hysterical over vocal distribution :D :D :D

bitch, s'il vous plaît!!!
Are you talking about me? I literally never complained about them getting a line apiece, nor did I accuse anyone of being hysterical about it.

weird, I don't see cwej anywhere.

regardless they're a group of five people whose sole contribution is vocals, so it's really not that weird that anyone (even the 40 year olds you oddly singled out) would be happy to hear all five of them singing!

Sending gays into a tizzy in their fourth decade

THE POWER OF STEPS :disco:

Reactions: Zu
it's a given I've never been exposed to the original but I listened to both versions back to back and good GOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom