Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2

Album back up to #20 on iTunes (out the top fifty last week) and Slightest Touch back in after a long while at #144.

iTunes means fuck all but that’s looking good, I assume from being on the Radio One A list. Hopefully a video in the next week or so, and a performance could give them a good pre-tour push while the album is still hanging around a wee bit.

Album back up to #20 on iTunes (out the top fifty last week) and Slightest Touch back in after a long while at #144.

iTunes means fuck all but that’s looking good, I assume from being on the Radio One A list. Hopefully a video in the next week or so, and a performance could give them a good pre-tour push while the album is still hanging around a wee bit.

Steps are on the Radio 1 playlist? :D you must mean Radio Two?!?

I think it’s mainly due to it being on the front page reduced to £6.99
The rubbish new Texas album also seems to have had a boost because if this

Same actually.

This one doesn’t have the highs of the first (the first three singles from part one really are a force of nature as a singles run), but overall it’s all pretty solid without the few bores the first part had.

Slightest Touch remixes out today

The Slightest Touch (Shortland Remix) [Edit]
The Slightest Touch (Shanghai Surprize Remix) [Edit]
The Slightest Touch (7th Heaven Extended Mix)
The Slightest Touch (Shortland Club Mix)
The Slightest Touch (Shanghai Surprize Club Mix)

Despite making a song and dance of The Slightest Touch being the next proper dingle, that seems to have consisted of a few (already existing) remixes being put out in EP form. No music video, no radio playlisting (that I know of), and they’ve already moved on to A Hundred Years of Winter.

They’ve brought the EP out today, which includes the beefed up F9 Radio Edit - the one that will apparently be serviced to radio. Seems we’re getting a music video for this too.

I was about to waddle in and say the remix is serviced to radio but @Pingu got there :D

I assume this was the video set they did the interview of Faye with, but I’m still slightly pissed they really didn’t go all out with The Slightest Touch

Does H wear a harness with every outfit now?

I think The Slightest Touch was Radio 2 playlisted. It definitely felt half-arsed as a single release though, even more so than To the Beat of My Heart.

Loving the F9 Remix. Is that Faye with some extra adlibs near the end?

single art that isn't another indoor shot from that same dreary shoot? :o

Despite making a song and dance of The Slightest Touch being the next proper dingle, that seems to have consisted of a few (already existing) remixes being put out in EP form. No music video, no radio playlisting (that I know of), and they’ve already moved on to A Hundred Years of Winter.

They’ve brought the EP out today, which includes the beefed up F9 Radio Edit - the one that will apparently be serviced to radio. Seems we’re getting a music video for this too.

Ooh yes I'm liking that bit of extra OOMPH. Love the original version but that would go down better on radio, should have done it on tour too really !

Does H wear a harness with every outfit now?

I think The Slightest Touch was Radio 2 playlisted. It definitely felt half-arsed as a single release though, even more so than To the Beat of My Heart.

Loving the F9 Remix. Is that Faye with some extra adlibs near the end?

Yeah it got about five weeks on the A list and spent a good three or four in the top forty on airplay. Just a shame we got no proper video and a tv spot or two as it’s their most popular song in a while I’d say.

We love the stock snow effect! Especially when it's going up

Last edited:
It’s a shame there wasn’t more mincing about a frozen house and shivering in the corner for me, but it’s nice enough for a low budget

LSL looks phenomenal in that video

I think that 'do really suits her. Faye looks very glam but not appropriately dressed for standing in the snow.

It does feel quite strange to see such a H heavy video/single in this Steps era.

I hadn’t even thought about/ noticed it was H-heavy. And I absolutely love it. Which is a strange thing in itself.

I thought he did all the verses but turns out Lee does the second. Actually quite pleasing.

It is a fantastic track and great to have a male-led mid tempo in their canon that is actually good.

Darren Hayes contribute more melancholic bangers like 100 Years of Winter in the future, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom