Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2

Boo, would’ve liked a #1 so they could’ve had one in each of the last four decades but oh well. They may catch with the new vinyl and being ahead on iTunes etc, but Drake will no doubt catch well up as the week progresses as well.

Top three and around 25-30k is pretty good for what was initially a remix/re-release release.

Oh I wondered how much of a gap it was. It’s a bit stupid to compare a 90,000 gap in 1998 with a 3,000 gap in 2021

Yeah it’s not a great comparison. Especially as both One For Sorrow and Step One comfortably outsold the Manics in total in both charts.

I'm really enjoying this album now that I've gotten over the disappointing Melfest covers.

Take Me For A Ride has grown on me massively and Living In a Lie, A Hundred Years of Winter, The Slightest Touch and Wasted Tears are all keepers.

Yeah it’s grown on me too. The first four you quoted plus Kiss Of Life are my top five (other than Heartbreak In This City) and Victorious is nice enough though still disappointing given what they could have done with it.

Between the two albums there’s a very strong 15 track album, which isn’t bad given we got them within 9.5 months of each other.

Take Me For A Ride has grown on me too but I think that’s maybe just because it sounds good in relation to the rest of the album.

The production on it, The Slightest Touch, Hundred Years of Winter and obviously Heartbreak In The City is inexplicably miles more polished than the rest, and everything else sounds like a less good version of something from the previous two albums.

Wasted Tears is ALMOST good but the chorus is a letdown.

See I’m with @Pingu, Wasted Tears could be great but the chorus just feels flat and a bit overlong.

Fantastic to see them close the gap, Drake isn’t catching up fast either (in fact has fallen further back), so if they can squeeze some extra sales they may actually be in with a shot :o

Down a bit but not awful.

19,800 after Monday. They should do around 27-28k I think, whilst Part 1 did 37k.

The extended mix of The Slightest Touch certainly does the job, even if it pretty much checks out with a minute still to run. Also slightly(!) concerned that the sticker on the CD lists A Hundred Years of Winter as a single with no mention of The Slightest Touch; I mean I am happy for the surprisingly good H song to be a single eventually but PRIORITIES

Living in a Lie is a bop. The rest is ok.

They’ve announced an intimate set and Q&A session at a Leeds students union in November.

Tickets available now (oh, but only in a bundle with the album :)).

Down a bit but not awful.

19,800 after Monday. They should do around 27-28k I think, whilst Part 1 did 37k.
a generous estimate... 23-24k more likely

Monday 16.3k
Tuesday 18.9k
Wednesday 20.1k

😇

Going all out for that number one. Hope they get it!

🚨
POP EMERGENCY!
🚨

We need the pop army to unite - Steps are currently just 300 copies away from another #1 album.
The most immediate way you can help close the gap is by downloading - iTunes, amazon, the Afterparty/morning after from tmstores
http://Steps.lnk.to/DigitalAlbumTW
You need to make sure once you have purchased to download the FULL album for the sale to count.
600 steppers have currently bought the Afterparty/Morning After editions and not yet downloaded - please, please make sure you do!
#PopEmergency #PopArmyUnite

:D at this absolute SCAMMERY!

Is it REALLY a number one album if the same pool of about 600 people have bought the album 60 times over on multiple different formats? :basil::hostage:

Good luck to them though! Steps cover of HELLO HI next album pls x

(will also happily take a Steps version of LOVE COMES BACK :disco: )

Reactions: Zu
Only 330 sales separating them according to the OCC today.

Oh, Belgo said that. Imagine how many more copies @Zu 2 could have bought if he hadn't insisted on the luxury of hearing.

• BOOM BOOM
The absolute BARRAGE of emails I have received regarding this album in the last two days! No one could accuse them of not being keen to get that number one (though to be fair I have also got a couple of emails trying to flog bundles for Manic Street Preachers).

Just realised I haven’t actually bought this yet… oh well, que será será.

Not that anyone cares, but I've settled on this tracklist:

1. What The Future Holds
2. Something In Your Eyes
3. Take Me For A Ride
4. Heartbreak In This City (ft. Michelle Visage)
5. Clouds
6. Victorious
7. Under My Skin
8. To The Beat Of My Heart
9. Come And Dance With Me
10. To The One
11. A Hundred Years Of Winter
12. The Slightest Touch

A quick comparison, just out of interest.

Most streamed song:

2 million: Steps (Heartbreak In This City)
660,000: Manic Street Preachers (Orwellian)

Least streamed song (main tracklist)

30,778: The Manics (Happy Bored Alone)
23,139: Steps (High)

Average streams (main tracklist songs only)

228,723: Steps
121,000: The Manics

I really thought they may sneak it after closing the gap in the last update.

Oh well. The bellyflop next week probably won't seemed so marked at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom