Ted Lasso

Too much football this week and not convinced about Nate's redemption but Fat Bottomed Girls does feel appropriate for MR WALNUT MIST

Nate is just too unlikeable

I’m still enjoying it though but it’s such a drop in quality

Still has so much heart which keeps me watching

The gay coming out episode did get me emotional too

Well what a lovely way to end it. Yes season 3 somehow felt rushed in places even though most of the episodes were feature length, as they tried to wrap up storylines but didn’t really give us the payoff we hoped after a perfect build. However, overall this was still the perfect piece of counter-culture positivity that’s actually VERY difficult to do in this climate (the only other show I can think of that achieved it to this extent is Schitts Creek) and I’ll miss it terribly. Some of the themes were on the nose (the gay footballer, the mental health issues) but still important in the environment and overall handled well. They avoided the fairytale ending at least which worked better, it felt more in keeping.

I can’t believe Succession and Ted lasso finished in the same WEEK. What a loss.

(Also I only just clocked that the woman playing Rebecca’s mum is also the mum in Succession, and she’s fabulous in both, and was nominated for an Emmy for both!)

Last edited:
Yes I really enjoyed the finale. My heartstrings were well and truly tugged.

I hope they leave it there though. No spin offs.

Excellent finale

I’d love a season four but know it’s not going to happen but I can certainly see some potential for spin offs

I gave up after the first episode but from what I’ve seen online they haven’t even committed to this being the final season and if not then a spin off is guaranteed.

The finale felt like as much of a finale as a TV show can have though, so if they did make a season 4 it would feel like a bit of a cheat at this point.

Would welcome a feature special or something, or a separate spin off if done right. Can’t really think of a character that could carry a show on their own, they’re all very much a collective cast

Potentially a bit spoilery for the finale (I'm yet to watch as 80 minutes felt a BIT MUCH on a weeknight) but this is great -

Just finished the finale. I think it might be the single worst episode of television I've ever seen :disco:

BYE TED LASSO. You were brilliant for one season, then increasingly shit. x

Last edited:
P.S. Thank you for Hannah Waddingham, and Jamie Tartt's pleasing arse

I gave up after the first episode but from what I’ve seen online they haven’t even committed to this being the final season and if not then a spin off is guaranteed.
I gave up a few episodes in too that dreadul one with the sfrings tied to their cocks. The sickly sweet stuff was fine in small doses but in episodes THAT long just too much.

‘you probably won’t want any more because there’s so much closure, so much catharsis in it being three seasons.’

Oh yes that's definitely the reason

I’ve tried this 3 years late and the first episode is one of the least funny and most boring comedy dramas I’ve ever watched. I feel like I’m completely missing the joke. Definitely can’t see this being for me.

I binged three seasons of this with Mr DC. It’s a fun and easy watch though I agree the episodes getting longer was a bit too much towards the end.

I've just started this. does it get really good? by which I mean less American? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom