Tennis 2019

Djokovic is fun! Isn’t he even mates with Conchita Wurst?

Anyway, Federer is like the tennis equivalent of Lewis Hamilton. Brilliant at what he does but by God he’s a snooze.

what was that show?
He was really dark, tall and moody, wasn't he. I got the impression he would slap you around a bit.

what was that show?
He was really dark, tall and moody, wasn't he. I got the impression he would slap you around a bit.
Age of Love or something. Like The Bachelor but he was dating women in their 20s and 40s competing against each other.

This is an incredible match. Is it ever usually THIS CLOSE?

Also what does it go up to? If Federer wins the next round does he win the match?

gutted :(

and yet that was one of the performances of Roger's career, so... how mad can we be? And one of the most memorable finals in years. Perhaps the most.

Final set tie break is a horrific rule. Let it go on and on for fucks sake, we want the drama!

What does everyone LOVE Federer so much?

I honestly feel like he's the Demon Headmaster and I'm one of the five kids that can see through his hypnotism. I think he's rude, arrogant and totally annoying, but everyone else seems totally under his spell. He frequently says comments about other players that I think if Djokovic or Murray said them, they'd be ripped apart by the press, but because it's Roger we ignore them.

Anyway: very happy that Djokovic is now more than likely going to end up with the most Slams on record, despite most of the public not giving him the slightest bit of respect for his achievements.

Yes because Djokovic, the petulant child who can't handle not being the most popular player on tour and who lest we forget behaved terribly on court for the first few years of his professional career is someone we should all aspire to.

If any of you naysayers had indeed watched Federer play in person you would know that it's his tennis alone that does the talking and it's his tennis alone which makes him so universally popular.

By the by, the manner in which Novak celebrated his win is precisely why he is disliked so.

He looks good in his underpants though.

Totally here for Roger proving he looks even better, naturally.

I watched him once a few years ago up close but it was a 3rd round.

I appreciate his talent but I hate that he’s just so beyond any sort of criticism compared to literally anyone else. He’s not an interesting person and while yes, that makes no difference to playing tennis, ultimately when it comes to my fav players there’s always an element of their personality that attracts you to go from being an appreciator to a fan.

Compared to Pete Sampras he is positively enthralling! Plus if you've seen any of the stuff he's done away from the court you would know he's not dull at all. But then, I'm a fan and I would say that.

I would suggest that he is held in such esteem because he holds the game and its history in a reverence in the way NO other player does.

Plus, despite what cwej says, he is magnanimous in both victory and defeat.

Last edited:
Meh. Never seen anything he does away from the court. He’s barely even ever interviewed for anything on camera away from tournaments, while I see Nadal and Djokovic on a lot of things.

And Pete Sampras was always boring. Seems like a nice bloke but Agassi will always be my favourite player.

Oh and it speaks volumes, that the "bad boy" of the sport Nick Kyrgios has nothing but good things to say about Fed (though I'll admit that is hardly a badge of honour) when he has blasted so many other players on the tour recently. He even tweeted that he wanted Roger to win yesterday.

Probably because like I said, Roger is untouchable in the press and beyond any kind of criticism. Saying anything bad against him is akin to treason.

That doesn't mean he has to say good things though, does it?

Meh. Never seen anything he does away from the court. He’s barely even ever interviewed for anything on camera away from tournaments, while I see Nadal and Djokovic on a lot of things.

And Pete Sampras was always boring. Seems like a nice bloke but Agassi will always be my favourite player.

I liked Agassi (I was a ballboy the year he won and did his semi-final match with John McEnroe) but he was hardly an entertaining interviewee. Roddick on the other hand had a natural talent for it, which is why his podcasts are so good.

Probably because like I said, Roger is untouchable in the press and beyond any kind of criticism. Saying anything bad against him is akin to treason.

Oh dear. You and cwej and your conspiracy theories. We are ALL being brainwashed.

Get help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom