Tennis 2019

Yes because Djokovic, the petulant child who can't handle not being the most popular player on tour and who lest we forget behaved terribly on court for the first few years of his professional career is someone we should all aspire to.

If any of you naysayers had indeed watched Federer play in person you would know that it's his tennis alone that does the talking and it's his tennis alone which makes him so universally popular.

I've watched him live on more than one occasion. He absolutely destroyed Nadal at the O2 in one of them and yes it was impressive. But I don't like HIM - not his tennis.

And actually I dislike his fans even more. My mum and I were cheering on Nadal and people literally looked at us like we were scum for cheering against their man. I've never seen any other fans be like at live tennis.

Oh dear. You and cwej and your conspiracy theories. We are ALL being brainwashed.

Get help.

This is what needs help .The idea that he is the perfect person and doesn't say a thing wrong ever.

All other tennis players are critiqued in the press for their flaws off of the court, but he never is.

Oh and it speaks volumes, that the "bad boy" of the sport Nick Kyrgios has nothing but good things to say about Fed (though I'll admit that is hardly a badge of honour) when he has blasted so many other players on the tour recently. He even tweeted that he wanted Roger to win yesterday.

Whoopie doos. :D Nick Kyrgios has good things to say about someone... it MUST be true then. :D

You are reading between the lines when there aren't even any spaces cwej.

Nadal is arguably as popular as Federer is and is equally as revered. If one is "untouchable" so is the other. So Ellie's argument that Nick Kyrgios bowed to some unseen pressure by not criticising Roger makes no sense because he absolutely mauled Rafa in his interview.

This is what needs help .The idea that he is the perfect person and doesn't say a thing wrong ever.

All other tennis players are critiqued in the press for their flaws off of the court, but he never is.

I think you'll find that Rafa isn't either,

Whoopie doos. :D Nick Kyrgios has good things to say about someone... it MUST be true then. :D

I already said that it isn't a worthy endorsement. However he clearly wasn't obliged to say them.

Last edited:
Honestly hating on Federer for being a "nasty" person is as lame as people hating on Kylie for not being genuine.

He has done literally nothing to inspire such hate.

There is no way that Nadal is revered in the media in the same way as Federer - not even close! He gets criticised all the time for his slow play, his tics before points, his coaching from his uncle... etc. Federer gets nothing despite in the past making some pretty bitchy comments about other players.

Honestly hating on Federer for being a "nasty" person is as lame as people hating on Kylie for not being genuine.

He has done literally nothing to inspire such hate.

And I don't HATE Federer. I just don't like him that much and get frustrated that that is seen as an opinion that is not valid. It's bizarre. I can't think of another sportsperson that is revered in such a way - and you are only going to prove it... No-one is perfect.

There is no way that Nadal is revered in the media in the same way as Federer - not even close! He gets criticised all the time for his slow play, his tics before points, his coaching from his uncle... etc. Federer gets nothing despite in the past making some pretty bitchy comments about other players.

Bitchy comments? Lol.

Anyway, I think you'll find that it is the other players that tend to criticise Nadal for his slow play. Nadal is often cited by the media as a statesman of tennis as is Federer. Conversely the media have time and again written Roger off for being old and past his best, so your comment that he is beyond reproach is absolute bullshit.

Seriously cwej, just because he may or may not have said something (most likely justified) off-the-cuff in the past that hurt your feelings, there really is no need for you to try and tarnish his reputation.

I've watched him live on more than one occasion. He absolutely destroyed Nadal at the O2 in one of them and yes it was impressive. But I don't like HIM - not his tennis.

And actually I dislike his fans even more. My mum and I were cheering on Nadal and people literally looked at us like we were scum for cheering against their man. I've never seen any other fans be like at live tennis.
Now I remember the Federer/Zverev match at the ATP finals. Fucking hell the Federer fans were absolutely VILE. Seriously who boos the winner during their interview so loudly that you can’t even hear him speak? Poor guy was just playing by the rules.

Seriously cwej, just because he may or may not have said something (most likely justified) off-the-cuff in the past that hurt your feelings, there really is no need for you to try and tarnish his reputation.

Yes Edward. I'm trying to tarnish a 20-time Grand Slam winner's 'reputation' by posting on a message board with 50 regular posters. :D

What happened was: Ellie and I said we don't love Federer. Then you turned into a mad man who said that our opinion is not valid.

You are absolutely stark raving bonkers!!

Oh please, you're clearly just reading too many forums and video comments (by the way, not media) which is why you "hate his fans". We know stupid some people can be on the internet.

In the actual media, I'd say Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are all pretty untouchable. I don't think I have ever read pure negativity written about any of them, not that there's much to write about really, they're all pretty well behaved compared to the McEnroes and Kyrgioses of tennis.

Yes Edward. I'm trying to tarnish a 20-time Grand Slam winner's 'reputation' by posting on a message board with 50 regular posters. :D

What happened was: Ellie and I said we don't love Federer. Then you turned into a mad man who said that our opinion is not valid.

You're the one getting your knickers in a twist about how he hurt your feelings with comments he has supposedly made in the past and how his fans treated you like scum (when we know over-zealous fans exist for virtually every tennis player - you only need to look at Murray's baying mob when he plays at Wimbledon).

Where did I say your opinion was not valid? I merely called out your bullshit. As usual.

Last edited:
:D

This is more entertaining than an afternoon on MURRAY MOUNT when plucky British hopeful Heather Watson is playing!

...which, I confess, is a low bar.

:D

This is more entertaining than an afternoon on MURRAY MOUNT when plucky British hopeful Heather Watson is playing!

...which, I confess, is a low bar.
I would have thought that some people were a little on the old side to be reacting to each other the way there are over tennis players but maybe that’s JUST me. To follow there’s going to a debate whether Adele is a good person and if Beyonce is easy.

It's just such a fabrication of the truth. Absolutely bizarre.

This post has a highly iconic aura.

What a match tonight... Didn't watch all of it, but the bits I saw were astonishingly good. Having said that, I really don't warm to Medvedev that much.

I find the whole "inspired by Serena/inspired by the current level on tour" takes so meh.

She already came back with a kid last time round and she came back after Henin's retirement when "the tour was in wilderness".

YAWN. Sorry.

I find the whole "inspired by Serena/inspired by the current level on tour" takes so meh.

She already came back with a kid last time round and she came back after Henin's retirement when "the tour was in wilderness".

YAWN. Sorry.
It’s what she said....well the Serena part so perhaps send a yawn in Kim’s direction too.

I entered the ballot for Wimbledon tickets this year, and have been offered tickets for No 1 court on Friday 10 July which is the second Friday.

Surely that's going to be doubles, isn't it? I think I'll pass if so.

It was the two women's doubles semi finals and one mixed doubles semi final last year. Your only chance of getting singles would be if it's rained near solidly since at least Wednesday.

I got excited first of all, as I thought it was the first Friday, and I imagine there would be some big name games on No 1 that day. Never mind. It sucks that if you turn your offer down that's it, but I think I'd rather just turn up, buy a ground ticket and then hope to get a resale. If I bother at all, which I suspect I won't.

I got excited first of all, as I thought it was the first Friday, and I imagine there would be some big name games on No 1 that day. Never mind. It sucks that if you turn your offer down that's it, but I think I'd rather just turn up, buy a ground ticket and then hope to get a resale. If I bother at all, which I suspect I won't.
It would certainly be nice to be able to turn down the show court ballot win for a generic non queuing grounds ticket. Even the people at the front of the daily queues get first pick of their preferred show court.

I do feel a little disappointed, particularly because on the application I couldn't even state preferred dates - they offer you anything, and tough if you can't go.

£90 for two tickets as well, which is pretty good value by the standard of most things, I'd say.

It’s certainly not bad. You could always go for the grounds and sell the Court 1 tickets when there to any doubles fanatics.

The few times I’ve been, some of the doubles matches have been very entertaining. I once ditched a Djokovic 3rd round match on Centre in favour of Court 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom