Texas - Hi - 11th studio album - out now

Why #southside? That's an old album of theirs.

I also would have never guessed that was Sharleen from the still. Assumed it was the drummer or something :D

I will probably buy this with intent. Their last album was great and I still listen to it now.

They were meant to be touring for the 30th anniversary of Southside this year but it's been delayed until next year.

Credit where credit due, their last album was great, I want more tracks like Summer Son and Can't Resist though.

They were meant to be touring for the 30th anniversary of Southside this year but it's been delayed until next year.

Credit where credit due, their last album was great, I want more tracks like Summer Son and Can't Resist though.
I see. They really are RELENTLESS at hashing over old ground. Can't wait for the 20th anniversary of Carnival Girl! :eyes:

I thought their last album was the most akin to their 'popular' stuff in a while. Probably their best since The Hush actually.

Their live show made me laugh. Sharleen spent the whole time rather aggressively telling everyone to stand up and clap. :D

I was thinking the other day how odd Sharleen’s solo career was. One album that did far better than anybody would have expected, followed by an absolute DISASTER of a half-arsed covers album that sold about 15 copies.

I was thinking the other day how odd Sharleen’s solo career was. One album that did far better than anybody would have expected, followed by an absolute DISASTER of a half-arsed covers album that sold about 15 copies.

I remember getting a vaguely ludicrous email survey from her label at the time. A load of checkbox style questions. They basically didn’t have a clue what to do with her at all.

I remember that too! A quick inbox search shows I still have it :D

11-CAD683-2-FA2-486-C-B1-CC-C767-BF129-E63.jpg

I don’t think it is. They’re advertising a Southside rerelease with demos out on September 11th (:tisch:). Surely they wouldn’t release an album of new material the week before?

I’m actually a bit confused by their Insta posts and emails. What on earth is the point of teasing two different albums at the same time?

This is amazing. :D look at how SEXY they've made her :D

I remember her covers album, well but strangely have no recollection of the previous one. I must revisit.
oh I really liked the solo album, think Texas does Motown “Stop I don’t love you anymore” was great
Loved “The Conversation” the song but the album didn’t click. Never really tried “Jump on board” and I used to be a really big fan

Texas up to the Greatest Hits In 2001 was fab. Quite spotty after that although there was the odd good track here and there.

Of the cuff top 10

1. I Don’t Want A Lover
2. Saint
3. Sunday Afternoon
4. Summer Son
5. Inner Smile
6. When We Are Together
7. Halo
8. Put Your Arms Around Me
9. Once In A Lifetime
10. Getaway

oh I really liked the solo album, think Texas does Motown “Stop I don’t love you anymore” was great
Loved “The Conversation” the song but the album didn’t click. Never really tried “Jump on board” and I used to be a really big fan
Jump on Board is miles better than The Conversation. You give that a go and I'll give the solo album a go :D

I was stood next to Sharleen in the foyer at the UK premiere of Madge’s box office SMASH “The Next Best Thing”. I just remember that she was really ORANGE.

Paula Yates was sat a few rows behind me and was making quite the scene before the film started.

Melinda Messenger trod on my foot also. WHAT A NIGHT.

I was stood next to Sharleen in the foyer at the UK premiere of Madge’s box office SMASH “The Next Best Thing”. I just remember that she was really ORANGE.

Paula Yates was sat a few rows behind me and was making quite the scene before the film started.

Melinda Messenger trod on my foot also. WHAT A NIGHT.
AMAZING X3 :disco: :disco: :disco:

OMG I literally just walked into a provincial pub in Mirfield that’s actually playing Carnival Girl as if that were a totally normal thing to do in 2020!

What next, Natasha Bedingfield’s I Wanna Have Your Babies?!

Ugh now I HATED Carnival Girl

that really was the death knell of their career and they were coming off a very successful greatest hits. What WERE they thinking doing cod reggae in 2003?

Carnival Girl did an amazing job of turning me completely off Texas for about 15 years

Only Jump On Board redeemed them - brilliant album

I also never cared for In Demand, even though it has a lovely video with Queen Alan Rickman :disco:

Featuring the diabolical Xanadu. A cover version no one needed or asked for. Supposedly it was her choice to record it as well. God knows what she was thinking with that one. :zombie:

The covers album really was a fucking disaster but I really quite liked the first solo album at the time

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom