Texas - Hi - 11th studio album - out now

I won't even try. I was recommended a piano ballad version of Halo on Spotify recently which I'm assuming is from this and I turned it off after 20 seconds. Absolutely dreadful.

On the one hand - fair enough. Sharleen is in her late 50s and 35 years into her career. It's natural and understandable her voice isn't what it was.

But it does make it a "bold" choice to expose that by trying to go all stripped back on us.

On a separate note, I did enjoy reading a Sharleen interview where she admits the only reason Inner Smile isn't on the album is because her idol old Spooner declared he HATED it and refused to record it.

What a guy. Shit taste, mind. "You know Sharleen, give them Keep On Talking instead, that's the good stuff!"

Their appearance on Strictly Come Dancing singing show ignored content was alarming indeed. Truly what you'll see at Katie's Bar karaoke night.

IT'S ALREADY OVER

I'm just going to go back to listening to the multiple versions of Hi :)

I obviously haven't listened to the whole songs just the clips, but I think it is partly our Sharl thinking she is going for some kind of real soul vocal affectation on the likes of In Our Lifetime.

And since Spooner is apparently her hero it is a bit odd that they didn't choose a song from his catalogue to cover rather than Charles and Eddie and Save The Last Dance For Me.

To try and ERASE the memory of the disastrous Spooner sessions, I'm having a MOTHERS HEAVEN evening.

It's a shame they try to pretend it never existed just because it maybe perhaps kind of bombed. Smacks the tits off their recent stuff. I'm very much enjoying the half-Americana / half-jangle-ballad thing.

With the current folk trend, this might actually have made more sense to revisit in 2024, rather than a rubbish plonky version of rubbish old Mr Haze.

Dream Hotel perhaps the highlight - it's as gorgeous as anything else they've recorded.

MOTHERS UP

Last edited:
so much for having a new TIMBRE! she sounds great. the second the BELLS hit on Summer Son...

f8341862034828a40a2ff479da9a9e1a50f45ad5.gif

Well this is the performance I said earlier that sounded bad and I stick by it:

Anyway, this is on another level of pop bliss. A sunset melting into my ears.

IT'S TEXAS TOP TEN ALBUM TRACKS TIME

01. What About Us
02. Breathless
03. Fool For Love
04. White On Blonde
05. Dream Hotel
06. One Choice
07. Saint
08. Another Day
09. Bad Weather
10. Future Is Promises

IT'S TEXAS TOP TEN ALBUM TRACKS TIME

01. What About Us
02. Breathless
03. Fool For Love
04. White On Blonde
05. Dream Hotel
06. One Choice
07. Saint
08. Another Day
09. Bad Weather
10. Future Is Promises
Oh the first three albums really do have some GEMS. Love Fool for Love. i won’t let you stayyyyy

Well this is the performance I said earlier that sounded bad and I stick by it:

Anyway, this is on another level of pop bliss. A sunset melting into my ears.

I love how she looks like she just left the house earlier in the day in her casuals and just turned up at the studio. What a QUEEN.

That Strictly performance would have been career destroying had Carnival Girl not got there first.

No wonder dear old Spooner thought he hated Inner Smile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom