The American Song Contest 2022

Madame Mis-Teeq, tell us our future

• This will be a huge success and eventually replace the current presidential election system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kicks off on 21 March, 3 qualifying rounds, 2 semis, then the grand final on 9 May - the day before Eurovision starts.

I guess they're going down a more American Idol route with eliminations along the way if there's that many shows?

Kicks off on 21 March, 3 qualifying rounds, 2 semis, then the grand final on 9 May - the day before Eurovision starts.

I guess they're going down a more American Idol route with eliminations along the way if there's that many shows?

It's more like Melodifestivalen with heats, which isn't a surprise given who's behind it.

So according to rumours started by me Linda Bengtzing is in this??
Could you imagine if it turns out this was all just a gag to break Melodifestivalen artists in America

Thanks Anna Book - you really did Minnesota proud! Now next up for Arizona we've got a local singer-songwriter called 'Mariette'

The wikipedia page about it is so negative

In an interview with BBC Breakfast in 2020, Cheryl Baker (member of the winning act in the 1981 Eurovision) explained that the competition will not translate well in the U.S., adding that the country "has got a long way to go to get the kitsch, the cheese, and the fun element" of the contest.

:D but true

Could you imagine if it turns out this was all just a gag to break Melodifestivalen artists in America

Thanks Anna Book - you really did Minnesota proud! Now next up for Arizona we've got a local singer-songwriter called 'Mariette'

So a Swedified version of Reborn in the USA? I do hope they can top this:

YOU'RE A NASTY PIECE OF WERK. AND JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!

Last edited:
The wikipedia page about it is so negative

In an interview with BBC Breakfast in 2020, Cheryl Baker (member of the winning act in the 1981 Eurovision) explained that the competition will not translate well in the U.S., adding that the country "has got a long way to go to get the kitsch, the cheese, and the fun element" of the contest.

:D but true
Having a format so different makes it pretty much a totally different event, but I think America's potential in kitsch, cheese and fun shouldn't be underestimated.

Is it just the 50 states or will DC, Puerto Rico etc be included?

Here for a Guam vs American Somoa grand finale

Yes they said one a tweet or somewhere that it was al 50 states, DC and 5 territories - can’t remember what they are though, PR, American Samoa, Sealand, Lesbania and Doggerland

I am 90% more interested in this now Kelly Clarkson is involved.

How much of a draw IS Kenny now? She has the chat show but I gather quite a lot of people do in the US.

@RJN to explain pls

How much of a draw IS Kenny now? She has the chat show but I gather quite a lot of people do in the US.

@RJN to explain pls
she has the hottest talk show on the planet right now. this is factual!

she also frequently creates minor viral moments as host of shows like the AMAs so I think this is definitely a HOT PICK.

and of course trying to make sense of Snoop's weed addled gobbledegook while hosting a live show will present plenty of opportunity for awkwardness and/or outright catastrophe :disco:

@RJN to explain pls
I’m not sure how many people even watch daytime tv in 2022, but she’s very well liked and her clips go viral a lot. Her, and snoop dogg, are both very well liked among the public.

If I wasn’t clear in that repetitive post, she’s well liked

:wow:

Actually excited about this, and nobody in all of Oz, no dUbscrub that there is or was, is ever gonna bring MEEEEE DOOOOOWWWNN

• Sad
Reactions: dUb
Me too actually.

I kind of think Georgia is going to pull a UK, and send some stupid shit (probably country) when we have some of the biggest artists in the world here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom