The Arthouse Lounge

Mirror sounds like a DELIGHT!

Mirror initially polarized critics and audiences, with many finding its narrative incomprehensible.

They're showing it at the BFI on the 28th :disco: Moopy outing?!

I do find it disconcerting (on a roll here) that the actors' voices usually appear to be overdubbed in Tarkovsky's films. Although it does add an extra strangeness

Shit seats left though, front row left block :( I'm not sure having ONEIRIC RUSSIAN VISUAL POEMS beamed an INCH away from your retina is a good idea.

I watched this lovely homosexual movie tonight

It’s very touching, wistful and sexy. The kind of twink shit that the Moopy book folks love.

D4BAA3DA-0019-4EA3-B919-74E2D6E7E7D8.jpeg

It came out in Cannes last year and several critics loved it. It almost got lost in the awards rush.

Oh my God favourite film ever Three Colours: Blue 4K (:disco:) at the Ciné Lumière for the next month? Yes! NOW!

*sobs all the way through*

Kieślowski booked in for Sunday. I was planning on working but FUCK THAT!

Let's have the scene from La double vie de Véronique where Weronika SEES HER DOUBLE :disco:

I'm seeing The Night Of The 12th tomorrow :disco:

Ooh I'm going to go and see this the week after next

I've got BFI PLAYER on my new tellybox so I'm watching all the pouffy stuff (again in some cases). Firebird: WHAT A LOAD OF OLD TAT!

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Also ENYA MEN is out on there on MAY 1 so I might get to see it at last if NOBODY ELSE INCONSIDERATELY DROPS DEAD

I started LIGHTLY SHAKING AND CRYING during the Three Colours: Blue 4K TRAILER so God knows what horrifying sort of state I'll get myself into during the actual film tomorrow :eyes:

I started LIGHTLY SHAKING AND CRYING during the Three Colours: Blue 4K TRAILER so God knows what horrifying sort of state I'll get myself into during the actual film tomorrow :eyes:
Safely home and there was no need to be helped to my feet by the Ciné Lumière staff :disco:

I’d forgotten that it’s the ELLIPSES which get me every single time. Sorry Cheryl, you can stick your silly ghost story - I want to see this for the approximately 56th and 57th time :disco:

And OH! The 4K restoration! :disco:

Oh I did like NIGHT OF THE 12TH although SOME PEOPLE were perplexed that NOTHING MUCH HAPPENED but luckily I was awash with TARTIFLETTE and MUSCADET from CHEZ JULES so was feeling PARTICULARLY GALLICALLY TUNED *shrugs*

I'm going a WEEK ON THURSDAY so NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Waiting for WORD tomorrow on the premiere of PASSAGES with BEN WISHAW and FRANZ ROGOWSKI as THE GAYS

qkikt7bciPassages%20-%20Still%206.jpeg

I got tickets to see this at the end of the month at the homosexual film festival :disco:

I've watched ENYA MEN twice in three days and I'm now feeling DISTINCTLY PERTURBED. Pass the MAY BOUGHS MRS TREGWINNETH and LET'S HAVE A SINGSONG

I really liked that. I also watched THEO AND HUGO which gives STRANGER BY THE LAKE a run in the FILTH stakes. HONESTLY THOSE FRENCHIES

Watched Afire (Christian Petzold of Phoenix fame) tonight and loved it. Leon the main character is a pill like no other.

Some others that I watched over the last 2 months:

Subtraction, an Iranian Hitchcock doppelgänger thriller was quite good.

Joyland, also really loved it but it felt more the story of the wife than the homo husband.

The Night of the 12th, yeah it doesn’t get resolved (they tell you that from the beginning) but I love a good procedural and it’s French.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom