The Big Shot with Bethenny

I’m sure that’s what they’re hoping for

lucky me real housewives of new york city GIF

There’s a brief cameo from Dorinda in the trailer

Remember that scene with Ramona interviewing someone for a job and she ended up telling her her skin was shit and gave her some face cream :D

Now THAT’S a hiring show I would watch!
I saw this a couple of days ago. She justified it by saying she hands out skin products to all the interviewees, before then saying "To be fair though, I didn't give any to the other ones".

I mean this wasn’t awful but it’s so very fake. The new addition of Bethenny’s ocd is a choice and very performative.

But like none of these people are actually qualified. Malaksi and Corey are the closest. The Rosé girl is obviously there for drama.

It’s just too obviously not real. I still enjoy some of the talking heads but she can be grating real fast without someone checking her.

Last edited:
Well that's me hooked after the first two episodes :D

Best enjoyed if you abandon all belief in the premise that she's looking for her "number 2". If anything, she's just looking for another assistant. But even then, I have nothing invested in any of them actually ending up with a job at the end of it. Or staying in that job for longer than a fortnight.

Cutting the cast of contestants from 10 to 4 in episode 1 was something I didn't see coming. Not even a twist as such, just a really bizarre choice. I'm guessing one or two will be brought back as a future 'twist'.

I'm absolutely going to continue watching though, because I am fascinated watching Bethenny veer in and out of making some quite good points and being absolutely awful, in interspersed blocks of five seconds :disco:

This is growing on me. It is so fucking chaotic, it’s ridiculous but also it doesn’t have the pretense of something like the Apprentice. It knows it’s a mess and I’m here for it.

Malaski is definitely the front runner.

OMG this is so funny, it's just a constant stream of Bethenny-helmed CHAOS :D I was screaming at B peering out of her curtains during episode 1.

Anyway, as has already been said it's all so fake it's barely even worth pretending to believe this show has any kind of purpose or value other than strengthening brand Bethenny.

The Rosé girl is so clearly just pitching to grow her own social media/auditioning to get on another reality show. I was surprised they got rid of the guy from Lebanon and the FASHION SOCK COMPANY girl in episode 1, as they seemed cast entirely to cause drama. I can't even remember who most of the contestants actually are, but I'm assuming the one who looks a bit like AOC will win.

I love Bethenny but I'm not sure I need this in my life. The queen needs to return to RHONY.

Just watched episode 4, and this show remains PURE CHAOS! It's literally just made up on the spot :D
Bethenny goes from being relatable and funny, to the most irritating person on the planet frequently within the space of a few seconds :D she also seems to be "searching" for a person that DOESN'T and WILL NEVER exist :D and if they do, the job itself sounds like a LIVING HELL anyway!

lol at -
- B hiring Correy as a personal assistant for what appears to be no reason other than she seems to fancy him? :D
- The letter from the Lebanese guy at the start of the episode that seemed to hint at a comeback, and then... :eyes: I saw that coming from episode 1!
- The Rosé girl being edited to be completely DERANGED, and doing it all whilst looking eerily like Joanne-era Gaga :D

It's worth watching if you're in the mood for some high-octane mindless trash with Bethenny being on screen and talking at literally every single moment.
Do not watch if you have a headache.

I watched half of episode one today and it heightened my anxiety to levels I wasn't comfortable with so OFF IT WENT

She is truly insufferable - how much does she pay these people to be around her for a single second?! :D I'd sooner face DRUNK DORINDA AND tell her she had a PROBLEM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom