The Final Fantasy lounge

COB

The ⭐ 👹
We've had lots of threads for individual games over the years, but it's one of my favourite series and I sometimes have thoughts that don't fit in any of those so welcome to...
FFLounge.png

I am WELL AWARE that this might sometimes just be a topic where I talk to myself, but I don't care :tongueout: But please do join me if you like!
17d674cd5d6abb3a7e893605fe3ccfec.gif

Chocobo.gifc200.gif
Chocobo.gifc200.gif

This was partly prompted by me buying FFXII for the fourth time the other day - once when it came out, for a couple of quid from Cash Converters, the remaster on PS4 and now again on Switch. I'll finally finish it this time, I swear :evil:

Can we do a Final Fantasy RATE? We can even go down the RABBIT HOLE of Final Fantasy spin-offs like Echoes in Time and such SHIT :disco:

OMG please do! I actually haven't even finished all the main ones, but I might do a rate of the ones I have done :emoji_nerd:

Oh, I've never played FFXIV because ONLINE GAMING is the WORK OF THE DEVIL. But I've played all the other mainline ones bar X-2 and the whole Nova Crystallis saga. And a good chunk of the spin-offs!

I have the VII remake next on my to play list.

I will always be fond of them but XV really tested my patience and I just stopped after a bit. The fact that I had to drive that car on the road and then park it every time I needed to get off drove me insane, also magic was so overpowered. I’m hoping XVI is better.

Dissidia annoys me so much, I wish it was just a proper fighting game with FF characters. That's such an obvious idea I'm agog they still haven't properly done it!

Ok here we go... I've not included any of the mobile games because frankly who has time for THAT. Also the Chocobo and SaGa games are their own series even if they were branded Final Fantasy in the West (and approximately 5 people have played through the whole lot anyway).

?? Final Fantasy
?? Final Fantasy II
?? Final Fantasy III
?? Final Fantasy IV
?? Final Fantasy The After Years
?? Final Fantasy V
?? Final Fantasy VI
?? Final Fantasy VII
?? Final Fantasy Tactics
?? Final Fantasy VIII
?? Final Fantasy IX
?? Final Fantasy X
?? Final Fantasy X-2
?? Final Fantasy XI Online
?? Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
?? Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
?? Final Fantasy XII
?? Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
?? Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
?? Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fate
?? Dirge of Cerberus :D
?? Dissidia Final Fantasy
?? Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
?? Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
?? Final Fantasy XIII
?? Final Fantasy XIII-2
?? Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
?? Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
?? Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
?? Final Fantasy Type 0
?? Final Fantasy Explorers
?? Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
?? World of Final Fantasy
?? Final Fantasy XV
?? Final Fantasy VII Remake

Last edited:
I know about Ehrgeiz, before anyone mentions it :eyes:
Yeah but that was only a couple of the characters, and all from VII. A full on 3-vs-3 mash up of all different characters (Not just main character and main villain with Tifa chucked in just so the vagina count doubles) would be fucking INCREDIBLE. Cait Sith vs Steiner on the box art and it basically sells itself.

05 Final Fantasy
04 Final Fantasy II
06 Final Fantasy III - the DS remake, really, I've not played the original
09 Final Fantasy IV
08 Final Fantasy The After Years - surprisingly GOOD
10 Final Fantasy V - my favourite 2D one
09 Final Fantasy VI
10 Final Fantasy VII - you may say OVERRATED but if you were there when this came out it was OUT OF THIS WORLD
11 Final Fantasy Tactics - easily Top 10 Best Games of All Time for me
07 Final Fantasy VIII
09 Final Fantasy IX
06 Final Fantasy X
?? Final Fantasy X-2
05 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
07 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - I enjoyed it but the kiddie storyline was so off-putting after the first Tactics
10 Final Fantasy XII :disco:
05 Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
07 Dirge of Cerberus - QUITE FUN
04 Dissidia Final Fantasy - I bought this and played it twice. Bad anime license shit on the level with the worst Dragon Ball Z games
07 Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
08 Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light - underrated
?? Final Fantasy XIII
?? Final Fantasy XIII-2
04 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
07 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers - surprisingly good for something clearly on a shoestring
?? Final Fantasy Type 0
07 Final Fantasy Explorers
?? Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
?? World of Final Fantasy - bought it but yet to play it
?? Final Fantasy XV
?? Final Fantasy VII Remake

FFV, FFVII, FFTactics and FFXII are my favourites.

Yeah but that was only a couple of the characters, and all from VII. A full on 3-vs-3 mash up of all different characters (Not just main character and main villain with Tifa chucked in just so the vagina count doubles) would be fucking INCREDIBLE. Cait Sith vs Steiner on the box art and it basically sells itself.
I want Arc System Works to develop it - literally just use the exact gameplay from Dragonball FighterZ and change the characters :disco:

I want Arc System Works to develop it - literally just use the exact gameplay from Dragonball FighterZ and change the characters :disco:
I love that you've thought this through. It's just like how I'm adamant that Netherrealm develops the fantasy Ninja Turtles fighting game I want.

I've been playing Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid a lot recently, the fighting system from that would work well for an FF fighter. Dissidia is just TOO Japanese - it works for the more melee style of the Shonen Jump games, but not in a technical, weapons-based fighter like this one should be.

Oooooh I just DLed FFVII on my phone as I’ve not played it since I was 12 and I never completed it! Currently working my way up Shinra headquarters, VERY SLOWLY!

PLEASE RAPE FAST - I didn't spend TWENTY MINUTES looking up Final Fantasy Wikia to be the only one looking like a TOTAL LOON!

And Tactics which let's face it is better than any mainline series title.

Nearly at the top, Barret just saw Jenova and said it looked fucking stupid without a head and we should move on. FAIR ENOUGH BARRET.

I have played 1-6 but I can never remember which is which.

?? Final Fantasy
?? Final Fantasy II
?? Final Fantasy III
?? Final Fantasy IV
?? Final Fantasy The After Years
?? Final Fantasy V
?? Final Fantasy VI
11 Final Fantasy VII
?? Final Fantasy Tactics
10 Final Fantasy VIII
10 Final Fantasy IX
09 Final Fantasy X
08 Final Fantasy X-2
04 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
?? Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
09 Final Fantasy XII
07 Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
?? Dirge of Cerberus :D
06 Dissidia Final Fantasy
?? Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
?? Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
06 Final Fantasy XIII
07 Final Fantasy XIII-2
?? Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
?? Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
05 Final Fantasy Type 0
?? Final Fantasy Explorers
06 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
07 World of Final Fantasy
08 Final Fantasy XV
10 Final Fantasy VII Remake

I totally had a 3am MOMENT the moment I got to the top of the Shinra building for the first time and you see WHAT HAPPENED. FFVII was such an exciting game, it felt like a FILM you could play.

He was on about making another specimen then he shoved Red in the bubble with her!

:o Final Fantasy I and VI are like NIGHT and DAY!
Oh I agree but I just can’t remember enough about them to differentiate. I haven’t played most for over a decade.

Was he trying to MATE Red and Aeries or did I get that wrong?
They were both the final members of their kind (not sure where Mrs Red 13 came from at the end). He wanted to make more of them.

I suppose I should stamp my card here too.

I had planned to finish all the main series offline games, but I still haven’t finished 4 and 6 yet and it’s been that way for about 10 years. Maybe I should give it up

it’s hard to replay the old games too, my FFX stalled for the nth time :/

If Mariah ever did a theme song for them, then I can die happy. Could you imagine how stannerific that would be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom